We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with a 6 and 8 year old?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with a 6 and 8 year old?

We will be arriving by mcruise ship for one day in December. What do you recommend we do with the 6 and 8 year old?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with a 6 and 8 year old?

Jeff3650

I'd recommend you take them down to Holetown Beach or Folkestone Marine Park and let them have a ride on a Glass Bottomed Boat which would allow them to see turtles and fish. Thereafter, perhaps a trip to the Barbados Wildlife Reserve especially around 2pm when it's feeding time. Children that age absolutely love it.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,495 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with a 6 and 8 year old?

With children that age the beach is usually the best. I know as our grandchildren of that age love it.

You can go to the beach at Crystal Waters, it's in Worthing, easy access by taxi. There you can easily swim with the turtles, basically walk into the lagoon, slap the water and they'll come right to you.

Plus there are two beach bar restaurants right there for food and amenities. The cost outside of taxis and food is "0" and the fun value on a scale of 1 to 10 is 10 for the children. It's also easy on the parents which is a bonus.

Whatever you do enjoy.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with a 6 and 8 year old?

Spend the day at the beach, Dover Beach or Accra would be a good choice, they could even have a surf lesson.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with a 6 and 8 year old?

While I'd love for you to visit one of our beautiful beaches (in hopes that you would come back one day).. I'd recommend a couple of other things.

1. Harrisons Cave Tour. - very cool for children of that age..

2 Atlantis Submarine - an undersea adventure..

3. the Wildlife Reserve in the north of the island..

4. Island Safari/Adventureland Safari Jeep tour.

for a few years, when my girls were that age, or younger, I used to do "great adventure" stuff during the school holidays.. They loved going in the Submarine and we did Harrison's Cave on more than one occasion. We've also wondered around the Wildlife Reserve as well.

The Jeep Tours, they have mostly done with friends on on School Trips and these are alot of fun as well.. you get to see much of the island, enjoying places that many people don't get to see and a delicious lunch as well.

if you do decide to do the Glass Bottom Boat, I'd recommend Shamon II (Michael, the owner, is usually up at the Marine Park at Folkstone and get you set up with that)..

Whatever you do, enjoy the day.

5. Re: What to do with a 6 and 8 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:42 am, June 19, 2013