We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hi,

Im travelling with my girlfriend in a month and am looking to a place to stay by the beach. The beach is important and we prefer calm waters.

From what i read, the caribbean side of the island has calm waters..what are the good hotels\resorts to stay. We are not looking for all inclusive. I am looking in the range of the Hilton. Would Hilton qualify as a caribbean side beach?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Yes it would.

UK Cornwall
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

the west coast beaches are calmer, but ive always preferred the south coast beaches, and they are not by any means rough.

What are you looking for in terms of evening entertainment?? south coast is more lively, and more to do, and there are still plenty of good restaurants to choose from, i would'nt choose the Hilton, more of a buisness type hotel than a holiday base in my opinion, check out Accra Beach Hotel, good location and more of carribean feel to it than the Hilton.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Thank you your response. Accra too seems a good option.

I am also considering a third: White Sands Barbados

Can somebody compare White Sands with Accra and Hilton and suggest a preference.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

White Sands are apartments and are in the Gap (at the quiet end) Accra is a hotel on the main coast road, plenty of shops and restaurants near by.

The 2 bed units that face the sea at White Sands are wonderful and really well kitted out. Some are rented via sites like Expedia others are privately rented out with Owners Direct etc so check prices as Owners Direct are sometimes cheaper and you may be able to do a 'deal' direct.

If you go for Accra take a sea view room so that you are not facing the road and avoiding possible noise if it would bother you.

I would stay in either but for me, my CHOICE would be White Sands kitchen facilities make a lot of difference and the addition of a lounge.

Barbados
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

I would certainly pick the West coast if you want calm waters. You could choose Mango Bay, Crystal Cove, Tamarind Cove or The Colony Club among others. Depends on your budget?

Montreal
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

South Coast is really beautiful and imo the nicest beaches for swimming. Try Sapphire Beach Condos, Ocean 1 or Ocean 2.

7. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 28, 2012