We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to Barbados, bringing the kids....

Toronto, Ont.
Level Contributor
326 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Never been to Barbados, bringing the kids....

Looks like it's the Gold Coast for us as the calm waters are a must for us. As for that I don't know anything else about hotels.

We've been to other Riu's, and Breezes - which usually has rock climbing, great entertaining pools for the kids, etc. Sometimes rifle shooting.

We'd also be looking for an all inclusive....any suggestions?

Thanks.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been to Barbados, bringing the kids....

Great decision to visit Barbados. It's a great island. But, there aren't large AI resorts in Barbados. I suggest that you look on the left hand side of this page at the hotel listings to see what interests you. There are the 'Almond Resorts' which may have what you're looking for. Check out Almond Casuarina.

Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been to Barbados, bringing the kids....

South Coast waters aren't really that rough most of the time. South coast gets a bit of an unfair rap on that point. The far south yes it is rough but in most tourist areas... the Gap (theres is Almond Casuarina in the Gap that is AI), Worthing, etc., the water is not generally too rough.

As mentioned by Chrisky, there is not a lot of AI in Barbados. If not AI, you may want to look at self catering places like Coral Mist or Blue Orchid.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never been to Barbados, bringing the kids....

Check out Cyrstal Cove at the link below. The resort looks really nice. I've never stayed there but from what I've read in reviews and forum postings people have a really good time there. They also offer some free watersports and have a kids club.

http://www.crystalcovehotelbarbados.com/

Here's some of their features.

88 spacious rooms and suites each with private patio or balcony – most with personal hammocks.

Accommodations include 26 one bedroom suites, 12 of which are lovely loft suites. In-room amenities include air conditioning, hairdryer, satellite television, mini-fridge (not stocked) and personal safe.

Three multi-tiered sparkling freshwater lagoon swimming pools

2 Restaurants and 2 bars

Business Centre with internet access

Fitness center

2 floodlit tennis courts

Tommy Turtle Kids Club offers exciting activities for Children.

Preferred tee time agreement with Royal Westmoreland Golf Course & Country Club

Water Taxi for transportation between Elegant Hotels' west coast properties (weather permitting)

Complimentary water sports including snorkeling, sailing, boogie boards, kayaking, windsurfing and water-skiing.

Evening Entertainment (seasonal)

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Never been to Barbados, bringing the kids....

I have walked past Crystal Cove many times .... it looks fine ..good beaches

or ...much bigger but great for kids of all ages is the Almond Beach Village ..has good adult only restaurant and you can get free shuttle to the other Almond resorts ...ABC is over 16 only

Check out the reviews ... in the panel to the left

5. Re: Never been to Barbados, bringing the kids....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 11, 2010