We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far? Recommendations?

Ohio
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
How far? Recommendations?

We will be staying at the Hilton. How far is the St James area? We would like to spend some time there. We have even considered changing our hotel. Does anyone have suggestions for hotels in that area? We usually stay at boutique hotels...worried that the Hilton will be too big. Thanks :)

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far? Recommendations?

I would look at

Colony Club

Sandpiper

Coral Reef

Cobblers Cove

They have a more Caribbean feel than the Hilton but not necessarily 'boutiquey' and are on the west Coast if that's where you would rather be.

The journey from the Hilton to st James, depending on which part of st James also what time of the day you go if you avoid rush hour it can still take 30 mins.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far? Recommendations?

Barbados is not that big so nothing is very far away.At the busiest time of day it should not take more than 30 mins.

If you are looking for a boutique hotel in StJames I would recommend The House. Check out the reviews. Like any hotel it does not suit everyone but my wife and I found it charming, and no kids!!!!!

Ohio
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far? Recommendations?

Is it necessary to rent a car? We usually taxi everywhere. :) Cami

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far? Recommendations?

Plenty of taxis on the island. Another boutique hotel on the west coast is The Lonestar. Small and intimate and expensive

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far? Recommendations?

A bus is a cheap and easy option also.

Ohio
Level Contributor
174 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far? Recommendations?

Thanks to everyone!

7. Re: How far? Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown