We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bridgetown for 2 days-rent a car or driver-for 2 women

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Bridgetown for 2 days-rent a car or driver-for 2 women

Can anyone recommend renting a car for 1 or 2 days? or a driver to show us around the island? We are 2 women from Canada-used to right side driving. Do you learn left side quickly? Is the island safe? Please suggest..... thanks

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,823 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bridgetown for 2 days-rent a car or driver-for 2 women

Sand Dunes:

Sand Dunes Bar & Restaurant East Coast Rd. St. Andrew, Barbados Phone: 422-9427

Could also try The Cove

The Cove

27 Atlantic Park

Cattlewash, St. Joseph, Barbados

Phone: (246) 433 9739

...open Wed,Thur Sat and Sunday Brunch

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bridgetown for 2 days-rent a car or driver-for 2 women

As a Canadian, I share your apprehension. I thought about the car rental route but was lucky to find a great taxi driver when I arrived. I went this route after seeing the traffic and the manner of driving. I used the same taxi driver throughout my week long trip (Adrian White - phone (246) 242-8451). He was reliable and punctual, courteous and provided fair pricing. He shared information about landmarks along the way. The last day I booked him for a trip that took four hours to a few areas that I had not seen (the highest point on the island, old churches, the Gully, Bathsheba and then the final drop off was the airport).

Next time I will call ahead to make sure I get the same driver again.

Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bridgetown for 2 days-rent a car or driver-for 2 women

Sorry, just returned from Barbados yesterday and a little tired here. In my last post about the taxi, I forgot to add how much I enjoyed the Cool Runnings boat - goes out for 5 hours - they pick you up and drop you back off and lunch, drinks and snorkel gear is provided. Just bring a towel along.

So that is also something you could do for one of your half days without a driver.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
dorval
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Bridgetown for 2 days-rent a car or driver-for 2 women

Sandy99,

I'm from Montreal and if you can drive here, you can drive in Bim. Take your time getting use to the other side and pay attention with the round abouts.

Follow the to city, or out of city bus stop signs to help you. You'll never be lost as long as you've got a tongue in your mouth and most will be glad to help point you in the right direction. Should you take the rental route, try calling Valencia at Drive a Matic. I'm sure she'll help get you organized. And yes the island is basically safe, but like anywhere, you must take the same precautions as you would at home. I've been going to Bim since 1963/64 and if there's anything else I can help you with, I'd be glad to do so.

Drive a Matic's number is....1 246 422 4000.

Paragon 140

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bridgetown for 2 days-rent a car or driver-for 2 women

Sorry I didn't see this post before - I have a great, reliable taxi driver caled David that I use all the time for personal trips and also used him for people like yourselves - his number is (246) 238 0612...

If you can't get hold of him let me know as I see him fairly often in Oistens!

Sarah

16. Re: Bridgetown for 2 days-rent a car or driver-for 2 women

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 09, 2009