We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stupid question about beach chairs

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
stupid question about beach chairs

After been on several All Inclusives in the past, we decided to book everything seperate this year. We booked a trip to Barbados for one week, followed by a week in St Lucia.

With an AI, there's always chairs on the beach that come with the hotel. As we probably won't be staying in a hotel directly on the beach this time, I assume it's possible to rent beach chairs on the beaches? Can anybody give me an idea about the cost of that?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: stupid question about beach chairs

****a lot of the hotels require that you buy a day pass to use their facilities which of course includes beach chairs.****

what else does it include? Does that mean you have the same All Inclusive deal as the guests?

ireland
Level Contributor
349 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: stupid question about beach chairs

Silly question. What does LOL stand for?

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,442 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: stupid question about beach chairs

LOL = laugh out loud

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: stupid question about beach chairs

Hi scorpiogirl - no the all-incs charge quite a lot for the day and include food and drinks - other hotels like Bougainvillea, Silversands, The Hilton and several others charge something like Bds $25 and then you can use their beach towels, chairs, the pools etc. Silversands for instance charge you Bds $25 but you get Bds $20 back in food and drink so it's just Bds $5 for the chair and the pool.

Sarah

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: stupid question about beach chairs

Mullins Beach is now run by Royal Westmoreland so that is probably the explanation for the more expensive chairs - and the West Coast prices are generally higher.

Accra beach is usually about Bds $10. Spock at Sandy Beach charges Bds $5 or $6 for locals (friends) and Bds $10 for visitors I believe.

Sarah

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: stupid question about beach chairs

Unless I was going to be there for 8 hours, I wouldn't rent a beach chair for even 10.00bbd.. certainly not 25.00 even if the umbrella is included.. if you rented it from mullins they are taking people for a ride.. if it was from the beach vendor, he is taking the tourist for a ride and needs to be reported.

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: stupid question about beach chairs

I think Tiger on Dover Beach charges either 2.5 bds or 5 bds. He is a really nice guy.

I think you really do need to use the chairs because of the sand flies. We rent in the morning and come and go all day and they are left there for our use

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: stupid question about beach chairs

Earlier today I was talking to the chap who stacks the chairs and umbrellas in the evening for the local vendor at Mullins Beach and he told me that to rent a chair will set you back BDS$10, and to rent an umbrella - BDS$10. He said the vendor is also willing to bargain (do a deal, or haggle or whatever you call it).

19. Re: stupid question about beach chairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 17, 2009