We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Direct Way to Barbados From Chicago

Chicago
3 posts
Save Topic
Most Direct Way to Barbados From Chicago

I am flummoxed trying to find a flight from Chicago to Bridgetown. Always prefer direct flights but that seems unlikely based on my initial searches. I can't handle the charter scene, preferring to find my own accommodations.

Anybody got any tips on finding flights? More specifically, does anyone know of any airlines that fly direct from Chicago to Barbados?

Thanks

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most Direct Way to Barbados From Chicago

There is no direct / non stop service between Chicago and Barbados. Your most direct route is via Miami on American Airlines.. or San Juan.. but likely Miami.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most Direct Way to Barbados From Chicago

by direct route, I mean in a semi straight line. but you still will have at least 1 stop..

Chicago
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Most Direct Way to Barbados From Chicago

Thanks.

Wow, some of these flights take 16 hours or more in travel time because of layovers. Makes it very difficult to choose this destination flying with young kids. I will press on and hope I find something reasonable. I appreciate your reply.

amilton,ontario
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Most Direct Way to Barbados From Chicago

you might be best flying to TORONTO,CAN. then take westjet or sunwing to bbdos(direct\0 AND LESS THAN $450 USD RIGHT NOW THROUGH FEB.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most Direct Way to Barbados From Chicago

yes, actually going via Toronto, if the fares are good, wouldn't be a bad idea. Air Canada can be very expensive, but with westjet coming this way it might get better.

6. Re: Most Direct Way to Barbados From Chicago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown
Recent Conversations