We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Barbados
Search

Good beach to go to from cruise ship

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
33 posts
99 reviews
36 helpful votes
Good beach to go to from cruise ship
Save

Will be arriving on Thursday via Royal carribbean cruise. Thought we might enjoy spending some time on a beach. I have been to Barbados before several years ago so don't know the most recent developments. I remember how beautiful Crane beach is and was wondering how long and how much the taxi ride there would be? Another consideration is we will have my 90 year old mom with us. She's is pretty good shape but could not handle the steps down to the beach at Crane. Is the elevator available to visitors or just hotel guests? If Crane doesn't work out is there another beach or resort you would recommend? We would need to be able to rent beach chairs (for mom) and need bathroom facilities nearby as well. Any info or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
5,009 posts
31 reviews
28 helpful votes
1. Re: Good beach to go to from cruise ship
Save

Why bother going all the way to Crane beach when you can just pop over to Carlisle Bay only minutes away in a taxi. It's a fab beach.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,780 posts
169 reviews
172 helpful votes
2. Re: Good beach to go to from cruise ship
Save

I'm with Brett.

Crane beach is lovely but.........

Taxi wil be around US$40 each way. You may have to pay bds$25 each to enter the resort. The payment is redeemable against food at the restaurants.

You can use the elevator and there are beds you can rent on the beach from private vendors. The Crane Resort were working on preparing bathroom facilities but if that you is not complete, you would have to return to the resort. The problem is that there is no guarantee that the elavator will be working. It is regularly broken.its a lot if steps for a 90 year old.

Carlisle is good but I would suggest Rockley. Public toilets and a range of huts/bars selling food and drink. Also vendors renting beds. As an alternative you could rent from the Tiki Bar and they give a credit on the money spent against food. Tiki is on East end of beach which is a bit of a walk and not the best end of the beach.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,060 posts
70 reviews
69 helpful votes
3. Re: Good beach to go to from cruise ship
Save

I was just going to suggest Rockley/Accra beach as well, in particular Tiki bar as the give you the cost of the beds as a credit for food/drink.

Another alternative might be Miami/Enterprise beach which has facilities and Mr Delicious food van, plus plenty of shade and picnic benches under the trees. There are beds and umbrellas there as well.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
408 posts
24 reviews
34 helpful votes
4. Re: Good beach to go to from cruise ship
Save

Maybe visiting the Hilton would suit you; not far from the Cruise terminal, lovely beach and several restaurants/cafes/ bars.

5. Re: Good beach to go to from cruise ship

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 27, 2017