We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good roti within walking distance of gap?

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good roti within walking distance of gap?

Hi All

After a very difficult few years, my husband and I are finally returning to Barbados in 2 weeks time on our first holiday abroad for 7 years. We first visited Barbados in 2005 and loved it so much we went back in 2006. In 2005 we stayed at Coral Mist and found a really good roti place (think it was called Roti Hut) just down the road. When we went back in 2006, we were dismayed to find that it had closed down and we never managed to find anywhere else for good roti (didn't care much for the Chefette rotis). This year, we are staying at Sapphire Beach and as we love roti so much and it will probably be our staple grub for lunch, I would love to know if there are any good places nearby?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
424 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Good roti within walking distance of gap?

I had a conch roti at the Ackee Tree once. It was awesome! Anyone had one recently? This place also served the best rice and peas I ever ate once. Never came close after that but still very good.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Good roti within walking distance of gap?

I did not enjoy the Roti Den's roti, neither in Worthing or Holder's Hill, St. James.

I miss that Roti Hut as well.

Edited: 12:51 pm, June 29, 2013
London
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Good roti within walking distance of gap?

Hi all

Well, we have just returned from our fabulous stay in Barbados and thought I would thank everyone for their help and give an update on the roti hunt! We actually didn't get to try that many places which I think was something to with the rum punch and not being able to drag ourselves away from Dover Beach! We did manage to try Roti Den/Dundees? in Worthing and found their rotis good but a little bit dry. We asked at Scotty's and they said they didn't do roti but to be honest they had enough delicious food to try so we certainly didn't go hungry! As recommended, Ackee Tree was just simply delicious and run by really nice people so I think it would be hard to find a better one than this! Didn't get a chance to try Doubles; maybe next year!

Last but certainly not least, a special mention must go to Leroy! We didn't manage to get to his van until the Friday before we left and he didn't have any rotis left but he sorted us out with a nice chicken and a beef stew and welcomed us with open arms! He actually made me cry telling me about how he lost his wife three years ago and how he talks to her everyday. He also told us how he got his permanent spot outside the Bouganvillea. He then packed us off with one of his delicious fresh juices each and a big hug for myself and my husband. What a wonderful man!

Thanks again!

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,581 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Good roti within walking distance of gap?

roti? what is roti?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,498 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Good roti within walking distance of gap?

Google Bajan Roti and you'll see everything about it.

Oh soooo good.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Good roti within walking distance of gap?

IAmNancy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roti

Scroll down to West Indies.

Regards

Montreal QC
Level Contributor
700 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Good roti within walking distance of gap?

I've walked by Ackee Tree many times and never went in. I'll definitely check it out next time I'm at Accra.

28. Re: Good roti within walking distance of gap?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 am, June 25, 2014
Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Good roti within walking distance of gap?

All in moderation. :)

30. Re: Good roti within walking distance of gap?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 09, 2014