We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help at airport

London, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Help at airport

How much are you expected to pay Porters at the airport for help with luggage to a taxi please?

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,135 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help at airport

I usually pay £15 to £20 BDS for 3 cases depending on how heavy they are.--------------------and they are usually VERY heavy lol

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help at airport

I had trouble finding one of these porters when I arrived last month. There were plenty there when I first exited the immigration desk but by the time my 2 heavy suitcases had come off they had all disappeared. It was not a good experience trying to drag 2 heavy suitcases plus hand luggage through to the taxi rank by myself.

They need to get some trolleys there for personal use or more porters!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,135 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help at airport

Babiface ----- I always book a porter as soon as I get through Immigration. They then either get the cases off for me, or come back for me if they are dealing with another flight. One even piled 2 of my bags on top of each other and put the third in the other hand and wheeled them all through for me. He was a star.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help at airport

Yes, I tried that .... but the guy just disappeared! Thing is, if you are travelling economy and your suitcases come off last then that's when you can kinda get stuck!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,135 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Help at airport

Hmmm that is a problem then,but I don't see them providing trolleys for us to use , that would mean less tips for Redcaps and I suspect they are reliant on tips to make up their wages.

16. Re: Help at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 18, 2014