We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Customs

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
US Customs

I have a quick question about Barbados. We are traveling from US and my question is upon return to the US. Does Barbados have US customs check at the airport? We fly home to through Miami and an wondering where we will go through US customs? Thank you for any information.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,540 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Customs

kelleypie

No, there is no US Customs check in Barbados. You will clear customs at MIA.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,012 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Customs

You go through customs in the US.

There isn't a US Customs clearance set up in Barbados.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Customs

Going through MIA I would suggest you make sure there is plenty of time between flights to make your connection. Miami is not known for having an expedient immigration/customs process.

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Customs

Thank you for the information.. and you are correct Miami is not my favorite place to go through Customs.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: US Customs

You'll also need to claim your bags, go through customs, recheck the bags, exit the secured area, then go through the TSA security check *again* and proceed to your gate. So don't carry on any duty free liquids over 100ml or they'll get confiscated. You'll have to pack them in your checked luggage and hope they don't get pilfered by the honest, hard-working AA or TSA folks.

I feel so much safer knowing they're on the job.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,540 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US Customs

kellypie

You're welcome and safe travels.

Regards

7. Re: US Customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 05, 2014