We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay for a 25 year old couple

Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay for a 25 year old couple

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are looking into going to Barbados the last week of June. We want to stay somewhere that has a nice beach, fun water activities, snorkeling, and within walking distance to good restaurants. Since I have never been, it is hard to figure out a good location! Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
763 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple

Consider staying around the Dover / St Lawrence Gap area. It has a lovely stretch of beach, one of the best in Barbados in my opinion, and there are plenty of bars and restaurants for you to explore at night within walkng distance, it's also not that far from Oistins and is within a 15 minute ride of Bridgetown. There's a wide choice of hotels in the area to cater for all different budgets, my choice would be the Southern Palms hotel, plenty of other good hotels in the area though.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple

Have a look at Accra Hotel http://accrabeachhotel.com/home/

or try these two hotels a few minutes walk away from the Accra on a smaller beach

Blue Orchids http://www.blueorchidsbarbados.com/

Coral Mist http://www.coralmistbarbados.com/

All 3 on the south coast with lots of good food in walking distance as well as right on the main road with access to the buses to Bridgetown, Oistins, The Gap etc.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple

Got to agree about Southern Palms , great location . great beach , close to all you will need . IMO. Why travel into the gap area for nightlife when you can stay there .

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,260 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple

jensmith588

Consider Ocean Two Resort & Residences, Southern Palms, Coral Mist, Accra Beach Hotel, Hilton Barbados. They all fit your requirements.

Regards

Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple

Thank you for the advice! I will start looking into these places!

Hastings, Barbados
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple

i would suggest the rostrevor..new section...it is right in the gap but you wont hear the noise in the new section..great pool and little beach..and right in the middle of all the action of the gap and a 10 min drive to oistins.....my fav. hotel in barbados...oh ya..much cheaper than all of the others that were mentioned :)

montreal canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple

Good choice Bajant..Rostrevor is good quality for the bang..Great location, center of it all..I agree the best, that's where i stay...3 more weeks...

Wick, Scotland...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple

Would bougainvillea beach resort fall into this category?

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple

Nice hotel and nice beach but not really in close proximity to bars and restaurants.

Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay for a 25 year old couple

Out of all these suggestions, which one is closest to good restaurants?