We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada 966

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,999 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada 966

Has any one else noticed that AC has changed the plane again for AC966 on Feb 3? Looks like they have put on an older version of the 767 (layout 5) so no personal entertainment systems. :( and probably older seats as well.

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada 966

I think I flew on one of those planes with that layout, and I'm sure there were seat back AV units. The small print at the top of the interior layout page says only three planes have the old layout. Maybe you'll get lucky.

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada 966

I assume it is layout 1 which is the newer cabin. When I did a flight and seat check it shows me layout 1. We will see.

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada 966

If you click on seat availability it does appear to show Layout 5, but I'm pretty sure I flew to Barbados last April on an AC plane with that layout that had seat back AV.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,999 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada 966

When you look at the seat plan for Feb 3 it now shows exit row at or around rows 26 and 27 not 18 and 19 anymore. The only layout with exits there is layout 5. They seem to be using different models of 767 for different days. Now with this change they have lots of empty seats where before they were down to maybe 5 or 6.

Are you flying on Feb 3 GEM?

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada 966

No I was just checking the web site out. Don't want to post my dates because of my nosey ex who is also going in Feb. I did use your date and mine when I did the search. I never looked at the actual lay out I just looked where they had lay out 1 checked off. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,999 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada 966

Now since they had added these extra seats they have dropped thror price form $444 to $229 and the same for Feb 4. Thats not a bad deal.

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada 966

Cheap flight down but nothing reasonable coming home. I saw what you were talking about. I am safe :).

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,999 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Canada 966

Air Canada is always full of surprises.. you buy a ticket on a flight with certain 'amenities' and at a certain departure time and then they change both...

Wiarton, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Canada 966

February 13 AC 966 turned back toward New York Anyone --WHY??

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Canada 966

looks like it is on track now according to flight tracker

flightview.com/TravelTools/FlightTrackerQuer…