We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fed up with being let down!

somerset
Level Contributor
127 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
fed up with being let down!

Hi all. I'm sure you have all been asked this question a few times but I am looking for a resort which will take my breath away. You know when you look at the pictures of the destination you are going to prior to the trip, and the professional pics always look so stunning, and then you get to the resort and you are a little disappointed. I don't want this to be the case in Barbados. This will be my first holiday to Barbados and want to be blown away by the beauty of the exotic beaches and palm trees, with the crystal waters that shimmer. So can you experienced travelers please tell me which resort I need to be heading to next July. Many thanks in advance for your time and replies. Sharon

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fed up with being let down!

Sweetbabes

My wife and would happily recommend the Tamarind Hotel on West Coast as a realy lovely esort. We had our second visit this June and are due back there this Christmas and next June.

Read the reports and look at guest photos. The professional photos you see are true - they say exactly what is in the tin!

On page 5 of the reports you will find ours for this June,entitled " Why did we find this place so special" with 15 of our photos.

The hotel is on a lovely beach for swimming ( with turtles as well nearby ) , snorkelling, lovely walks by the sea. Beautiful grounds over looking the beach, Oh so comfy sun beds and hammocks, gorgeous dining setting, fabulous water sports, a lovely comfortable water taxi to take you to their other resorts,great location with good restaurants/shops close by or within easy reach by cheap bus or taxi.... AND .... staff who do everything to make you so welcome... and lots more.

Many guests use the word paradise in the reports - fully justified in our opinion.

Beachandaea

PS : Feel free to send me a private message if you want any further information

Edited: 5:05 am, November 24, 2012
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,395 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fed up with being let down!

This will depend a lot on your budget. Apart from the hammocks and water taxi, you are describing The Sandpiper Hotel in Holetown to tee. This however is probably the third top hotel in Barbados and is priced accordingly.. Next to this, I would recommend the Colony Club and Fairmont Royal Pavilion. These hotels are a little further ( though not too far) from the shops and restaurants of Holetown, but both are set on 2 of the best beaches on the West Coast, and the Colony Club does have water taxis !

To be truly blown away, look at Sandy Lane, but that IS expensive.

Edited: 6:04 am, November 24, 2012
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,551 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fed up with being let down!

sweetbabes

Two resorts whose pictures/videos online are definitely representative of their current standing are the Hilton Barbados Resort and the Crane Residential Resort. I think you'd be blown away by either.

Regards

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
477 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fed up with being let down!

Breath away would the crane for me, absolutely stunning cliff top situation, the first time you walk through the village area and see the beach below is a jaw dropping moment, the sea shimmers and is deep turquoise shades but not tranquil waters, very good fun though. We usually mix it up with a few days on the west coast to get the contrast, as beachandsea have suggested tamarind looks good, in fact beachandsea's glowing reports have helped us to decide on a few days at tamarind for our contrast, thanks to Beachandsea for the enthusiasm, we will be there mid december after the crane.

somerset
Level Contributor
127 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fed up with being let down!

My goodness, thank you all for your quick responses, very much appreciated. I will trawl the internet now and have a good look at all of your suggestions. Many kind regards

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fed up with being let down!

The Crane is my favourite but you wont get to stay long at the Crane for £1800! You also mentioned you wanted shimmering waters. The sea at the Crane is choppy so it doesnt really shimmer. I would also say that it is not everyones cup of tea being quite isolated.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fed up with being let down!

Sweetbabes :

You are welcome - it's exciting making holiday choices, isn't it - and great to look forward to when you have decided - especially with our grotty weather in the UK at present !

Beachandsea

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fed up with being let down!

I think there are many, many places that will give you that 'take your breath away' feeling. I remember the first time we took our daughters and they walked through the apartment and on to the balcony and cried when they saw the view. That feeling is there al over Barbados.

Just choose somewhere with a sea view.

9. Re: fed up with being let down!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 16, 2013