We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Economy

Catalkoy, Cyprus
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Economy

Just had notice that some seats have been released for our Virgin flight in January, should we go for upstairs or downstairs in Economy and best seats?

Thanks

Brenda

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Economy

Brenda A

Downstairs would be better as it's a large aircraft with 455 seats, you really don't want to be among the last off arriving at BGI after an 8 hour flight. Seats on the left-hand side of the aircraft would be best i.e. 35A/B etc as these would provide the best views arriving into BGI and returning to either MAN or LGW.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Economy

Actually I think you might be better in upstairs Economy because you will get off before the upstairs PE passengers so you'll be a long way from last off. Also it is much quieter up there.

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Economy

Yes I agree with Almatt ,if you have the option of Economy upstairs I would choose that .

I have been on the LGW - BGI flight a few times upstairs, it is much quieter & better service I think than downstairs..

I prefer the last row window seat on the left hand side - 79a I think? you are then one of the first down the stairs and also you dont have anyone sat behind you.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Economy

If you can manage to grab one of the economy seats upstairs then I would also grab it!

trip7uk ....I have been fortunate enough to sit in 79A too and was one of the first people off the plane. Good tip!

The seat plan on my flight going out in December is showing all PE upstairs. I am assuming this is the old plane configuration??

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Economy

That's interesting regarding the upstairs seats. A friend returned two weeks ago, sat upstairs and said she was one of the last off.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Economy

So that must have meant that those PE passengers upstairs got off the plane last too ?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin Economy

I too try for the coveted 79A!! Seems it's quite a bunfight to get it...

In my experience, if you are in an economy seat upstairs, you are first off due to the Upper passengers being at the front of the bubble having to be allowed off first....

Catalkoy, Cyprus
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin Economy

Thanks a lot. Managed to book 79 b/c as we do not like window seats. Presume these are ok also.

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Virgin Economy

When looking on the upstairs seats it looks like there is only rows of two,there are three of us .......

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,583 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Virgin Economy

cheriedp18

They would be Premium Economy seats upstairs only. That is the same configuration that I am getting on my booking.

I think this is a plane that hasn't been refurbished :(