We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless/Nudist Beaches

England
6 posts
1 review
Topless/Nudist Beaches

Topless/Nudist Beaches

Coming to Barbados in late May early June and wonder what is the law regarding going Topless or Nude on a beach?

Are there any secluded beaches that either of the above is permitted or is it totally against the law? Both of us enjoy sun worshiping in the nude & the other half does not own a bikini top.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Topless/Nudist Beaches

You had better get your otherhalf down to Next and get some bikini top's for about £12 a throw........topless sunbathing/nudity is actually against the law.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,485 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Topless/Nudist Beaches

Please get your other half a bikini top.. or a t-shirt. All of the beaches in Barbados are public regardless of where they are situated and it is against the law to sunbath in the nude or topless.

I will say that in my 13 years of living in Barbados, that I have seen women topless while sunbathing and before walking around the put on a top. (however, I have also seen women who bounce around with no thought of who they are offending .. and considering there are children on the beach, they just didn't get it).

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
261 reviews
3. Re: Topless/Nudist Beaches

If you want to go topless or nude, go to St Martin and Orient Beach but not Barbados.

England
6 posts
1 review
4. Re: Topless/Nudist Beaches

Thank everyone; I had better take the other half out to get a couple of new Bikini tops at least.

On the other hand what is the availability selection and price like on the Island? As the UK selection in early May is not that good.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Topless/Nudist Beaches

zebb....were off the Kenya in less than two weeks and I have already managed to get all my summer bit's with out problems. Got swimwear from the Next cataloge and La Redoute, all the store's are now carrying, BHS,HandM, Debenhams, Primark etc etc....get them here as they will be alot cheaper :)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,485 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Topless/Nudist Beaches

I'm going to agree with Lar.. Try to get the suit before you get here. While we do hvae them in stores, it might not be any cheaper. The best place for 2 piece suits is a shop called Up Beat. the sell a locally made swim suit by a company called Ripples. they have some nice suits and I don't think they are too expensive.. Just don't go to Cave Shepherd or a boutique or you will spend tons.

google Ripples Barbados for the website

Vancover
Level Contributor
700 posts
7. Re: Topless/Nudist Beaches

pack your swim suit .

Unless you wish to visit the local courts. Nudity on beach or in public is against the laws.

Laws of Barbados are very much the laws of England and Wales.

So are the prisons recall Jerry the texas model wife married to Nick of Rolling stones getting arrested for some substance at airport incident... legal visit is the way to go in Barbados bring your full swim gear... if a sun worshipper pack a Brazilian swim suit thong and top - still covers basic.

suntrav - enjoy your sunny holiday.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
8. Re: Topless/Nudist Beaches

In answer to you second Q, try Barbados.Org for accomodation. We always book through that and have always had great accomodation.

Last min flights can also be very cheap, £350 is a good late price. good luck

Have u bought those bikini tops yet !!