We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

Sheffield
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

Hi there

Could anyone tell me if there are any All Inclusive resorts or Adult Only resorts in Barbados please. We also prefer smaller, romantic more intimate places rather than the large, multi-restaurant type resorts.

We travel all the way from the UK and so it helps for us to know our budget when booking - hence the reason for preferring all inclusive.

Many thanks

John & Candice Stebbing

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,481 posts
383 reviews
1. Re: All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

John&Candy

Yes, we do have Adults Only.

First off, it sounds like Little Arches will suit you perfectly. Very small, beach right across a cul-de-sac road, excellent excellent excellent. This has 10 rooms but isn't AI.

We also have Almond Beach Club which is an all inclusive adults property. This has about 160 rooms.

Also look at Sugar Cane Club and The House. Very small and intimate, not AI.

Regards

Edited: 8:54 am, September 21, 2011
Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,826 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

Genetic,

Sugar Cane Club is AI and it is also self contained.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,481 posts
383 reviews
3. Re: All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

BRETTSKI8

My apologies, it is AI, but they do offer non-AI packages as well.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
79 reviews
4. Re: All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

Also suggest you read the reviews for comments by people who have recently experienced these places.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

I would say Little Arches too...or another would be Little Good Harbour - both small and intimate but not all-inclusive thought I think LGH does allow children.

To be honest there are so many restaurants here of all prices that are very good - it is a shame to tie yourself to one place all the time.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

If you consider staying on the West Coast, I think the Waves hotel would suit your requirements, it only has about 70 rooms, it is all inclusive and although they do allow children, the hotel has a adults only spa area which has a large pool and sun loungers.

The food is fantastic and the staff are really friendly.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,481 posts
383 reviews
7. Re: All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

Scary

Yup, LGH does allow children but is such a small resort you'd never know they were there.

Regards

White Plains
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

We booked The Waves as well. We weren't crazy about the reviews for Almond and even though children are allowed at Waves, it seems more of a resort that caters to adults.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
92 reviews
9. Re: All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

Would definitely say The Waves. 70 rooms, AI, totally refurbished rooms with really comfortable beds. If you book a room in the main part of the hotel you will (probably) get a great sea view - great to look out to, especially at sunset. The Spa area (across a road) is adults only with a nice swimming pool. 3 restaurants with excellent food and fantastic cocktails, including sparkling wine (all in the cost). There are a couple of "top shelf" drinks you have to pay extra for, but otherwise all included in cost.

Free use of internet near the Virgin corner (two computers). Free catamarran trip/reduced cost for spa treatment. Beach towels provided as is toileries in bathroom.

Buses stop outside for convenience to either Bridgetoen - south or Holetown - north and beyond (chattel shops/restaurants/banks/supermarket).

Entertainment doesn't go on lae but if you still wanted to drink they have an after hours bar/pool table.

I could carry on....

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: All Inclusive/Adults Only/Smaller Resorts

Genetic, I guess you don't have kids or you'd be saying the opposite about LGH- if a smaller place allows children it's usually more disruptive than it would be at a larger property. In a small property there's nowhere to hide from the little devi..I mean angels

:)