We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hours for the buses?

Cedar Rapids Iowa
Level Contributor
52 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hours for the buses?

Please tell me what hours the buses run. Our flight will not get in until 8:30 pm. How much will a cab cost from the airport to the Blue Orchid. Thanks for any info.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hours for the buses?

A cab would cost probably less than 20.00usd approximately. Buses will be running but you would be better off taking a cabin

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hours for the buses?

whoops.. that should have been cab. If the flight gets in at 830pm, you will likely not be out of Immigration and customs until likely 9-930pm..

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,345 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hours for the buses?

I'd go with the taxi. $20USD seems accurate enough.

Buses run from around 5/5:30am to midnight everyday.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hours for the buses?

There is an online schedule that will give you a general idea but it may be dated. I found it useful in October 2005.

http://www.transportboard.com/schedule.php

The Speightstown to Oistins bypass bus was real useful for traveling to and from the west coast from the south (west) coast eliminating the need to change busses in Bridgetown. While on the west coast the return bypass bus will display Oistins most of the time but around 5:00 PM Silver Sands or Airport may be displayed. While on the south (west) coast Speightstown will be displayed on the bypass bus.

The busses don't appear to give change so have some change or small bills ready. It costs $1.50BDS or $.75US pp. Since all places took $US but gave change in $BDS, bus fair was a good use of the change. $1 bills US are also useful for bus travel.