We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Mustique

leicestershire
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Mustique

Hi, I'm going to Barbados at the end of August. I would like to do a day trip to Mustique and wondered if i should book it when I get there and roughly how much ?? Many thanks

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Mustique

I'm sorry I can't give the cost, but check with Chantours or direct with either Executive Air (charter) or Mustique Airways/TIA (sorry, can't for the life of me remember the name they go by now. (Scary.. do you know???).. SVG AIR??

World
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Mustique

honestly Mustique is not worth it - for the same money, take one of the wonderful daytrips to the Tobago Cays

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Mustique

Sunnie,

Mustique Air is now part of the Grenadine Air Alliance. A loose grouping of the old TIA, Mustique Air, SVG Air, etc.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
129 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Mustique

Curiousx I agree with you on that one, the Cays are wonderful quite spectacular in fact.

London
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Mustique

Because of the air schedules it is hard to do a day trip to Mustique unless you do a private charter but you can see all the flight info at this link:

mustique-island.com/mustique_island/travel_p…

Basil's Beach Bar is wonderful and worth the trip.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Mustique

There has just been a post about this - check out tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147262-i230-k3796…

the trip that includes Mustique is usually more expensive than just the Grenadines to be honest but they seem to be US $545 and up in price.

Sarah

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Mustique

HI Bpfife.. I knew they were all together.. just couldn't remember the name of the group.

leicestershire
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to Mustique

thanks for all your contributions .... i've got a much better understanding of what's what now. xx

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip to Mustique

Mustique, hum, to see prince William and his girlfriend at the tiny airport like we did in 2008, ok but nothing to see on this island and no decent beach!

Very private and very expensive island; from Barbados, you need to sleep at least a night and you have the choice only between...2 hotels,

the Firefly : www.fireflymustique.com/rates/rates.htm

and the Cotton House : http://www.cottonhouse.net/rates_rates_01.php

You see, very expensive, and the plane ticket is at least $500.00 US.

...and you will not be welcome.

If I have to make this experience again, I will choose a night at Sandy Lane, Barbados.

World
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip to Mustique

celeb spotting is not my thing but we did share beautiful macaroni beach with the late Princess Margaret who was having an elegant picnic. I think we had pb&j (just kidding) - though not about HRH.