We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone ever heard of Schooner Bay Condos in Barbados?

USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone ever heard of Schooner Bay Condos in Barbados?

I can not find any information regarding the quality/location of these condos. They are supposedly 5 miles from Holetown and 11 miles from Bridgetown. Has anyone ever seen these in person who can vouch for the location/grounds etc? I hate to rent sight unseen without any information. Seems to be plenty of information on Schooner Bay in St Croix but nothing in Barbados.

Barbados
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Schooner Bay Condos in Barbados?

These are well finished luxury type located in Speightstown on the north west coast. The surronding area is seedy althought the beach is absolutely

spectacular. If you dont mind being surrounded by the average Barbadian dwelling then OK

VIP BARBADOS 246 231 1249

USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Schooner Bay Condos in Barbados?

Thank you VIP Barbados. This is invaluable information that would be conveniently left out of a description of the property. They do have 24 hour security (supposedly) on site, but I am reluctant to be surrounded by a somewhat seedy area. I was debating between a very nicely furnished 1-bed condo at this location verus a garden room at the Coral Reef Club. The price at the CRC is higher, with less amenities (no kitchen, no small bath). I assume paying for the surroundings versus the surroundings at Schooner Bay. Would I be correct in that assumption?

Barbados
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Schooner Bay Condos in Barbados?

Correct. I live 1 minute away from CRC and also have a business locaed near to Schooner Bay..

No comparison. Schoner Bay is more of an owner resort, but CRC is classy , boutique hotel with personalized service. Tell me your experiences when you have your hoiday.

vipbarbados

Cheshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Schooner Bay Condos in Barbados?

Hi, I know these messages were posted a few years back but i just wanted to input on Schooner Bay Barbados. I have just been on a 2 week holiday with my husband and 2 daughters and we had a fantastic time. We stayed in a 1 bed house but there was plenty of room. huge kingsize bed and 2 sofa beds. The house was lovely and very well equiped including beach towels, kids floats and a dishwasher although the daily maid sorted to the dishes, they'll even do your personal laundry if required. The pool is fantastic and there is a jacuzzi along with direct access to a fantastic beach. Security is on the front gate and back beach access 24/7. outside the gate is not seedy at all. it is a few minutes walk to supermarket, shops, cafe, market, pier etc. Mangos resteraunt serve fantastic food over looking the beach and after a few pina coladas, its only a short walk home.The local people are helpful and friendly and Speightstown is a beautiful part of Barbados. We are booking again for next year and are going to stay at Schooner Bay. It really was living in paradise. we just wish we stayed for longer.

GA
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Schooner Bay Condos in Barbados?

kaloz thanks for the info about Schooner Bay. My sister and I arrive this Saturday and we are really looking forward to the trip.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Schooner Bay Condos in Barbados?

great. luck you. hope you enjoy your time there. we cant wait to go next year.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Schooner Bay Condos in Barbados?

Don't know if this helps, but there was a very good review of the area around Speightstown in The Sunday Times (British) two weeks ago by Hunter Davies. You could probably bring this up online.

8. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Schooner Bay Condos in Barbados?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 31, 2009