We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
317 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
best time to visit

When is the best time to visit barbados? What are september and October like

London, United...
Level Contributor
724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time to visit

The rainy season in Barbados is normally June/July - Nov so you may find it wet in Sep and Oct - although this does vary. Personally my favourite time to go is over Christmas and the new year, I love the whole Christmasy feeling out there and there is lots happening. The only downside is that, like many other places, there will be loads of tourist around that time. Towards the end of Jan, things tend to quiet down a bit and you can sometimes get better offers on flights etc. from mid Jan - March.

Tourist attractions can sometimes be a bit quiet over the summer months. I was there end of Jul start of Aug this year and there were some tours that weren't operating everyday as they said business was particularly slow.

Anyway Barbados is a great country and I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever time of year you decide to go.

Maybe if you say a little about exactly what kind of thing you're looking to do I can suggest the best time of year for it?

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best time to visit

Anytime!!

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time to visit

We always go in the "low" season which is April 15 - December 15. You may want to avoid September as lots of restaurants close that month for employee vacations and refurbishing. By early October they start reopening.

Also sometimes in August/September hotels are closed for refurbishing so it pays to check this out early. This year several delayed their reopenings until November (due to the poor economy).

Lois

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time to visit

we always go mid nov till early dec

weather is great not too crowded and we get to celebrate independence day ( dec 1st)

barbados is pretty much great whenever you go though I suspect :-)

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best time to visit

We went once in September and it was dry/hot and humid. Still enjoyed it. Jan-Mar is usually better but more expensive. May was also slightly humid. So really go anytime whenever the date suits you.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,461 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best time to visit

We went early Feb because after studying the weather it seemed one of the driest months and we like to get away from the British winter for a couple of weeks. We did have several showers, especially in the first week though had plenty of sunshine too. I think whenever you go to Barbados you're likely to get some rain, that's what makes it so lush and beautiful. If we went back again we'd probably go late April because the prices are a bit cheaper.

SEA
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best time to visit

And maybe you are interested in a particular event....

Like Jazz at he Barbados Jazz festival....

www.barbadosjazzfestival.com/index.php…

8. Re: best time to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 07, 2010