We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

sensameliablue20
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

What do you advise?????help needed! First trip to barbados!!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

Depends on whether you want to stay on the lively South coast or the more reserved West,loads of places to eat out if you choose the b&b option.

sensameliablue20
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

well its our honeymoon and our 1st week is in vegas....thinking we may need some chill out time but my issue is the b&b is only £200 cheaper than the AI option but i do like the look of the colony club more......poolside rooms where you can jump straight into the water...

Our travel agent told us it was very expensive eating out, wine etc but I just dont know!!

Your comments are appreciated!

sensameliablue20
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

we also have an option of crystal cove on AI basis, same price as turtle beach........

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

Well, if you've just spent a week in Vegas, I can see the attraction of a laid back beach holiday. Have you looked at Mango Bay? On the West Coast (like CC) and AI (like TB, but smaller, with much better food).

IMO, much more a honeymoon-type place than TB. More "intimate" if you know what I mean. There will probably be replies that caution you against AI because there are so many great restaurants in Barbados. Never understood that myself. If the food is lousy, I would object paying for AI but if it's good (and it's vey good at MB) what's the problem with having a couple of nights out at other restaurants?

If you like the idea of wandering out of your (very spacious) room and falling into the pool, go for a ground floor Superior. If you fancy a bit more privacy, go for an upper floor Superior room with balcony (or Ocean View if funds stretch that far).

I have said before, I think this hotel is the best on the island in its price range. Excellent food, wine, rooms, service, staff, activities, trips, position for access to other bars/restaurants. In fact, I'm surprised I haven't been accused of being paid for my comments (sorry Javon, never believed the Almond thing myself!).

Check the hotel reviews, and also do a search on the forum, to see what others think (and to prove it's not just me!!!)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

I've stayed at Turtle Beach a few years ago and found the beach very small. The water can also be very rough and windy. I didn't like the food very much and the hotel was very busy with lots of small children.

Although I didn't stay at the Colony Club, I stayed next door. Nicer beach on the west coast and the pool is lovely that winds through the gardens. Friends of ours always stay there and have enjoyed it. Although there are children it is not over run as at Turtle, actually I think the age might be limited to slightly older kids, not babies and toddlers. It's also nice to have the opportunity to try some restaurants as there are so many good one on the island. No need to do the all inclusive and really not usually the greatest food.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

Just noticed you will be on your honeymoon. Turtle beach is a family resort, and I wouldn't suggest you stay there, I think you would be very disapointed with all the kids running around, and they do run around. Colony more adult oriented, sophiscated. There are many fine dining restaurants that are expensive and very good but there are also lots of inexpenisve ones.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

If you have spent the first week in Vegas you might be glad of the relaxation of an AI, sure you can eat out as well. Tamarind Cove is not AI it is Full board, lovely relaxed hotel and you can visit the other hotels within the group. Crystal Cove and Turtle Beach you can exchange dine (make your way there and back) You cannot do this at Colony Club although you do get a small allowance if you wish to dine there. Didn't think the beach at Turtle was small, though quite rough sea compared to the west.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

I considered TB small as you were not able to walk very far beacause of the rocks the hotel put in place. At CC you can walk for a good mile or so.

Your deciding factor might however be whether you want a lot of small children about. Do check the reviews of the hotels and send some PM to those who have reviewed, both to positive and negative reviewers and see if their concerns apply to you.

Barbados
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

Btw the choices you have mentioned - I would recommend Colony Club over the others. After a week in Vegas, the relaxing West Coast IMO would be a more suitable option for your honey moon and the CC is right type of hotel for honeymoons.

And you are still only a 5 min taxi drive from the 2nd Street, Holetown with nice restaurants and bars - generally a sligthly more mature crowd (do not read old) than at the Gap.

sensameliablue20
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: all inclusive in turtle beach or b&b in colony club?

thanks guys for all your help.....have decided on mango bay as it seems ideal for us. Happy holidays xxxxxxxx

Get answers to your questions about Barbados