We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Barbados Hotels with Private Plunge Pools?

southern cal
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Any Barbados Hotels with Private Plunge Pools?

Greetings fellow travelers:

Anyone know of any places with private plunge pools or better yet, stayed at any place described? Planning the Honeymoon and looking to make it perfect for her!!!!

Beach front is preferred.

Thanks ahead for your reply.

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Barbados Hotels with Private Plunge Pools?

The Sandpiper, Cobblers Cove and Treasure Beach - all on the beach on the West Coast and The Crane - on a cliff above the beach on the South Coast.

Unfortunately, not stayed at any of them, only visited, but check out the hotel reviews for lots of info.

Lucky lady!!

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Barbados Hotels with Private Plunge Pools?

Forgot to mention Mango Bay - their two new suites have them.

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
488 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Barbados Hotels with Private Plunge Pools?

Have a look at the crane site, have stayed several times, for a treat how about one of the penthouse suites with plunge pool. The views are outstanding from any of the ocean facing suites and all corner suites have plunge pools though we found the water to be a tad chilly!. Also have a look at the reviews here, they can be mixed but we have had nothing but fantastic times here providing you go with the flow and relax.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Barbados Hotels with Private Plunge Pools?

There are two suites at Little Arches that have patios with loungers and a hot tub. It is a 10 room boutique type hotel, not directly on the beach, but across the (quiet) road from it. I haven't stayed there, but visited and it was lovely. Would love to stay there myself, but when the choice is between staying there for a short time or somewhere else (cheaper) for a longer time, the latter always wins!

Nicky

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Barbados Hotels with Private Plunge Pools?

There are also plunge pools at Coral Reef Club.

Lois

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Barbados Hotels with Private Plunge Pools?

The Crane has what you are looking for. Almost half the rooms have a plunge pool (or you can a full size pool). All on balcony overlooking ocean. By choice I would ask for building 2 or 5. You are not on the beach, but the beach is reckoned to be one of the top 10 in the world and I cant disagree with that. It is fabulous. Service is patchy and if you dont like isolation it wont be for you but on a honeymoon! Tell them you are on your honeymoon and they will make that extra effort.

There are issues with service and whilst I love this place I am not so blind that I do not see! Most issues centre around Air conditioning which never seems to work. You do get a fantastic wind off the Atlantic which keeps you cool and ensures that you dont get bothered with mossies.

7. Re: Any Barbados Hotels with Private Plunge Pools?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, September 13, 2009