We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering Barbados in late October

Charleston, West...
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Considering Barbados in late October

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/recommendations.

The wife and I are planning to travel to the Caribbean in late October for ~ 5 nights in late October. We were thinking Barbados to keep clear of any weather issues this time of year + we have never been there.

I have read a bit on the area, but there are so many mixed reviews.

What we want to do is spend some time relaxing at the beach, so calm, quiet, clear beach is first priority.

We do not want to get up at 5 a.m. to reserve a chair, wait in long lines for anything.

Do not want a crowd (large hotel or place where 500 cruise ship passengers are dropped off).

We will rent a car, travel around a bit.

Hopefully have 1 diving excursion at a nearby reef (recommendations?)

We would prefer on the beach and smaller place, even condo rental, as opposed to across from the beach, unless more isolated area.

We would do adults only if available, but maybe no issue in Oct.

Budget - do not really care as long as it is worth it.

All inclusive - not at all necessary, but would consider.

Seems as though Condo type thing would be our best bet after reading back through it.

Recommendations?

13 replies to this topic
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Considering Barbados in late October

Hello.

First of all "mixed reviews", where and what was said?

You don't have to get up at 5 am if as you say you are considering a condo.

If you are talking October of this year, you might not find good availability for what you want.

All inclusive is definitely not required in Barbados as there is an extensive choice of all levels of restaurants, from the local food vans that offer home cooked meals, (which are excellent), to the top end restaurants.

On the south coast look at Ocean 2, or Sapphire Beach, both in good area with restaurants within very short walking distances.

IMO the only time you might need an adults only type resort is if you go during school holidays.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,303 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Considering Barbados in late October

Treasure Beach Adult Only on the calmer west coast, - one of the west coast Elegant group hotels, (with the dedicated water taxi to visit sister west coast hotels weather permitting)

https://eleganthotels.com/treasure-beach

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147262…

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Considering Barbados in late October

LGA 114, you asked the same question in January 2017, and on that thread you received excellent suggestions. Did you decide on another island?

Charleston, West...
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Considering Barbados in late October

Hi Chrisky,

Did not realize that.

I will check that out - thank you.

As for 2017, we ended up missing our April date, pushed it out to July and went to Turks.

We stayed in a great condo setup Sea La Vie, I think was the name - it was great. I would highly recommend T&C, very expensive, but very much worth it.

At that time we did the snuba, came home got our diving certification and gear, so we want to dive at least 1 time on this trip. The wife was looking at Little Arches, not on the beach, but seemed nice, any feedback?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
67 posts
5. Re: Considering Barbados in late October

We are going to be in Barbados for a 9 night period that includes October 18 to 21 when the Barbados Food and Rum Festival is gong to be taking place. This is a great festival with 4 nights of great "haute cuisine" activities, mainly in the West Coast and South Coast. Highly recommended if you can fit it into your schedule.

You can find info about the festival here: https:/…food-and-rum-festival

With respect to where to stay, we would recommend the West Coast in the Sunset Crest/Holetown area that has great swimming and snorkeling locations, all within walking distance from the area or, at worst, a short bus ride away. If interested, we can also recommend a very nice condo in the area with WiFi, cable TV, washing machine, A/C (in the bedroom), etc. that rents for US$75.00/night during that time of the year and that would leave you with plenty of funds to spend at all of the festival events during your stay. PM me if interested.

Hope the above will help with your decision making. Have a great holiday!

Rob

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
79 reviews
6. Re: Considering Barbados in late October

Robeyni, sounds like a good plan and it avoids the UK schools half term holidays from 22-26 October!

Have a great holiday.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Considering Barbados in late October

Little Arches is a really nice boutique hotel, not on the beach, but a very short maybe 5 min. walk. They have an excellent rooftop restaurant. You would be very close to Oistins, where I would recommend you try the fish fry which is on every night, but busiest on a Sat. night.

Balsam Lake
Level Contributor
440 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Considering Barbados in late October

I would suggest you start looking at the west coast given your clear, calm beach requirement. If price is not such a big factor as you suggested, you will find some really lovely beachfront properties. Have a look at glitter bay which is an upscale condominium/hotel or almost next door the fairmount hotel if you prefer a full service hotel. Both are on one of the best beaches in barbados.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Considering Barbados in late October

As beach is a priority definitely look at Alleynes Bay on the West Coast . Glitter Bay if you want a condo, Fairmont Royal Pavillion for luxury hotel, their ground floor luxury suites have a huge terrace with direct access to the beach. Another option is Lone Star a luxury boutique style hotel with beautiful suites and one of the best restaurants in Barbados, availability could be an issue for October though!

Charleston, West...
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Considering Barbados in late October

Thanks for all of the feedback - I could not work anything out for Lone Star during our timeframe so we went with Little Arches. Did not know about the UK 2nd term holiday schedule - definitely something to keep in mind going forward. Glad to hear about the festival, I am sure we will fit it in.

We have not yet made flight arrangements, will work on that next.

Since we will lease a car, any beach option is an option.

Barbados is not a diving hot spot it seems but we do plan to do that one day.

Thanks so much

Reply to: Considering Barbados in late October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted