We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 couples traveling together

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
7 couples traveling together

We are heading on a trip with close friends and are considering Barbados. I've read it is safe and culinary options abound. I'm wondering if all inclusive, house rental, or hotel will be best. Has anyone had experience with a group in Barbados and found a great vacation spot for a variety of interests?

I'd rather not cook, this the AI idea. But we don't really drink and the prices may be more than buying food or eating out.

Would like to hear input when trying to accommodate large group.

Thanks!!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,345 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 couples traveling together

Becky L

Depending on your respective budgets, I would suggest renting some villas or a few individual rooms at a nice hotel. Places like Ocean Two, Hilton, Radisson, Yellow Bird and even Coconut Court would be great and have a varying range of budgets.

Barbados hotels have been vigorously pursuing business on Expedia so that is a great place to start searching.

Regards

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
541 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 couples traveling together

Becky L , We have done it 3 times with a group of 7 and a group of 11 , Depends on when you plan to visit as we always tend to go in low season ie late april/may and book flights separately from a lace to stay, next april its only 4 of us so it was much easier in planning and costs. 7 couples sounds like a LOT of work to be done to find a deal for all involved. You will find Barbados SO SO addictive as we are back for the 4th time next year .

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 couples traveling together

Suggest renting a nice villa with a cook/housekeeper --- no extra work for you.... everyone together - cook can make breakfast etc and clean up --- some days you might have lunch in --- but probably out wherever you are exploring that day.... and for sure you will all want to eat out at night....Certainly would Not recommend AI in Barbados --- you would miss too much IMHO !!

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,373 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 couples traveling together

Definitely not AI ..IMHO

..to much to do and too many different places to eat

...although with 14 ..yoi would have to book most places in advance

What is yoir budget ...this is key

I have reserarched villas for 14/16

and whilst they do exist ...many of them are what I would call ultra luxury and are priced disproportionately higher than normal

villas

Anything of this size will almost certainly come with a cook and probably 2 maids

If gGoogle does not throw up something for 14 in budget - it might be worth considering 2/3 seperate units on the same site ...for example have a look at Emerald Beach on Gibbes ...but there are others

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 couples traveling together

Maybe have a look at the Villas On The Beach condo complex in central Holetown --- (some of those condos come with a cook) -- beachfront with pool - central Holetown so simple to walk to all varieties of bars and restaurants in all price points plus entertainment and shopping --- (see link below to VOTB condos)

https:/…

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
150 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 couples traveling together

I know for me I like to have my own space. A bunch of people at a hotel would be a lot of fun and you wouldn't be dependent on each other if you all don't want to do the same thing everyday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 couples traveling together

You should look at Glitter Bay Suites, great for a small group and you can hire the bar and bbq for your own small functions. It's a secret paradis right next to Fairmont hotel . They have two and three bed apartments.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,457 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 couples traveling together

I absolutely agree with Turtlequeen ---------------------Glitter Bay would be perfect for your group.

Located on arguably the best beach on the West Coast , a short walk along the beach to 3 Beach Bars---------Ju Ju's Royal Pavilion Beach Club and Santi's , and one of the best Restaurants in Barbados , Lone Star , which is also perfect for a casual lunch on their decking , Glitter Bay is a short drive / bus ride ( and walkable in daylight ) from Holetown, and it's terrific Supermarket ( re opens November / December ) , shops , bars and restaurants , and it has it's own bar which I believe, serves lunch and snacks.

These condos are rented by a couple of different agents and in some cases only the owners themselves ( often a cheaper option ) so have a look at them and see what you think.

Christ Church...
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 couples traveling together

This may help and could bring you back to Barbados for free.

www.re-discover.com

10. Re: 7 couples traveling together

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 04, 2018