We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2017

leicester
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas 2017

Forward planning I know but I have my finger on the button waiting for flights to be released for Christmas 2017 (school holiday dates)

We have been twice before, once to Hastings (Savannah) and once to a Villa in Holetown.

The villa in Holetown is going to be our cheaper option, and will give us flexibility to invite family over, but I liked the holiday luxury of a cleaner etc in a hotel and our Villa was VERY basic but in an amazing location (just behind gas station, right next door to Limegrove)

So my questions, any reasonable hotels in an area such as Holetown? Where everything is close by

How do I get a Christmas Lunch reservation at Lonestar - Have emailed twice and no response

Anyone know the dates Dec 2017 flights are launched?

Any other tips for christmas in 2017, travelling with 6 year old to 60 year olds

Thanks in advance :-)

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas 2017

Tropical Sunset studio apartment hotel- beachfront, with pool in Central Holetown

other SC options:-

Holetown area: SC accommodation - Does NOT have to be expensive -

SC condos - Inexpensive to moderate:

Beachfront - Palm Beach condos

Art Studio condos

Inland condos

Sunset Crest various private apts:

Golden View condos

Jamestown Pk

Ixora condos

**Apt. Hotels**

Tropical Sunset beachfront studios

Inland

Traveller's Palm,(Sunset Crest)

Halcyon Palm (Sunset Crest)

Europa All Seasons Hotel (Sunset Crest)

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,445 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas 2017

Have a look at this website -----------------none of the villas marketed by Irene are "basic" but they are esonably priced and close to the beach.

http://www.relaxingretreats.co.uk/accom.htm

Your flights will be bookable 11 months before your return date , therefore if you want to return on the 5th of January 17 , your flights will be bookable on the 5th of February.17 .

Lone Star will probably take Christmas bookings from around August / September time .

One thing I would say , is that if you want good Self Catering accommodation you should be booking now for next Christmas.

Edited: 7:56 am, December 27, 2016
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas 2017

The Europa All Seasons Resort in Sunset Crest would offer you the "luxury " of a hotel stay at a reasonable price and I think they have 2 bedroom suites so it would accommodate your family aged 6-60 !

http://www.allseasonsresort.bb/

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,445 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas 2017

Oh dear, I meant if you return on 5th Jan 18, you can book from 5th February 17 --------------Too much Christmas spirit hic

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
14,445 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas 2017

With respect All Seasons is anything BUT luxurious ASO. They are the epitome of "basic " .but very cheap and not TOO far from the beach. A shared villa would be more cost effective.

Edited: 8:19 am, December 27, 2016
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas 2017

Westie - I did put the word "luxury" in inverted commas - I agree the hotel itself is Not luxurious - but the OP did not seem to me to ask for a luxurious hotel - but rather the fact that staying in a hotel gave her the" holiday luxury of a cleaner etc " and the All Seasons are within 15 min. walking distance to the beach - .....but maybe I misunderstood the OP's question..... in which case my apologies.....

https:/…

Edited: 8:26 am, December 27, 2016
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
16,101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas 2017

http://www.allseasonsresort.bb/tariff/

I see the All Seasons only have their rates posted for this Christmas season (not yet for 2017) - but they do mention they have 2 room suites as well as one bedroom suites and they note that a child under 12 can stay free with 2 adults - so it appears to be a very reasonable option for a 3* hotel within walking distance of all the bars and restaurants in Holetown, plus of course the Sunset Crest Beach Club with its pool, beach beds, changing facilities, and adjoining Beach House restaurant.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
516 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas 2017

Thomas cook flights are already on sale

Essex
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas 2017

I would second the suggestion of contacting Irene at relaxing retreats. We book Palm Beach condos through her and part of the service is a welcome pack of shopping tailored to your wishes and a lovely lady who comes in to clean for us and change towels, bedlinen etc. The attention to detail Irene provides is just great.

Donna

10. Re: Christmas 2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 am, March 28, 2017