We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Bermuda

sp
Toronto, ONT
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just back from Bermuda

There was some discussion a while ago about CEO Transport. We booked with them and would do it again. They were at the airport with a welcoming card with our names and off we went because we were the only ones going to Pompano. Going back to the airport, there were two other couples at our resort who were also scheduled with CEO, and since they were supposed to leave 15 minutes after us, we had to wait for them, which wasn't a big deal. So, it is a fixed price of $30 a couple and they don't make stops at other resorts.

The weather was unsettled, mostly cloudy and rain off and on and even a brief tornado that struck the Horseshoe Bay area. We were speaking to a couple of women who were actually blown out of the water. They said they were just heading out of the water when they saw a funnel-type cloud above and then a water spout just threw them out. They ended up with scrapes and were sore. Even the lifeguard's station was blown apart.

The television crew (TNT) for the PGA tournament stayed at Pompano. They worked very hard at getting everything set up. Other than that, it was quiet at the resort - we're used to it being much busier when we normally go in the spring. The golf course looks great and can't wait to watch the tournament when it airs.

Traffic was always slow in front of The Reefs. A construction crew was correcting a water problem they were having with the new buildings right next to the road. I really couldn't believe just how close to the road these buildings were.

This was our first visit in October. I knew we were taking our chances with the weather, but I definitely prefer the spring. Even though it was very comfortable (you didn't melt within seconds of going out the door), I missed having calm water. I can't wait to go back in the Spring!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Bermuda

You never know what mother nature will do. We always go in june and have great weather but this past year bermuda had a record breaking rainfall and we had 5 days of rain. Then we went back to island first week in Oct and had beautiful weather 82, sunny and low humidity. It was wonderful. You just never know......

sp
Toronto, ONT
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Bermuda

True...you never know... I heard from the resort staff that the ocean isn't calm in the fall like it is in the spring and summer. It killed me that their oceanfront wasn't like a giant swimming pool like I'm used to.

3. Re: Just back from Bermuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 16, 2010