We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pompano beach resort meal plan

Which Southampton Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
241 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
pompano beach resort meal plan

Hi, has anyone stayed at this resort and only had breakfast there? Just curious because my husband is concerned as there are so many wonderful restaurants in Bermuda. Thanks , Singer

USA
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pompano beach resort meal plan

Hi

we have stayed at Pompano 10 times so far and have always taken the meal plan. the food is fantastic so we have never felt we were missing anthing not dining at other places for dinner.

what we do is have lunch out and thats how we get to try different restaurants. we have also participated in the dine around a few times when we first started staying there and those meals were ok, at the Reefs and Cambridges, but we felt spending the extra $$ for cabs was not really worth it and we've been happy staying "home" for meals!

enjoy what ever you decide to do!

Bonnie

new york
Level Contributor
241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pompano beach resort meal plan

Thanks for the information. It does look beautiful. Does the beach get too crowded in the summer? And do they serve cocktails on the beach? Thanks, again. Singer

USA
Level Contributor
27,111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pompano beach resort meal plan

>>>Does the beach get too crowded in the summer? And do they serve cocktails on the beach? Thanks, again.<<<

Of the numerous times over the years that we've stopped in at Pompano Bech Club...I can only recall one time when I saw more than a dozen or so guests on the beach....and this 'crowd' only because it was a wedding-in-progress. To the best of my knowledge, there is no bar facility on the beach...so most guests walk up to the bar at the main building...but barmen/waiters do occasionaly come down to the beach to take orders.

There is one thing that you should be aware of though, one of the greens for the Port Royal Golf Course is located on the clifftop above a portion of PBC's beach....and there is the chance of errant approach shots over-shooting the green and landing on your beach towel. If this happens, simply toss the ball back up to the clifftop....so that the poor hacker won't have to take the one-stroke penalty for a lost ball. Write your name & room number on the ball...so that an appreciative golfer (or at least one would hope so) can buy you a drink after the round.

USA
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pompano beach resort meal plan

Hi Singer

we have never felt the beach to be crowded esp. in the summer. with some guests at the pool and some out and about there was alsways pleanty of room to sit and relax and enjoy the beach and water.

They added a Tiki bar on the beach about two years ago. with the last hurricane it was damaged but i think its back in action in the summer again! they even bring you drinks in the water if the bartender feels like a swim! lol

enjoy

Bonnie

new york
Level Contributor
241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pompano beach resort meal plan

You sold me, it sounds fantastic! I will be booking it soon. Thanks so much for all your info. Oh wait, is there any particular room I should request? Singer I promise this will be the last question.

USA
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pompano beach resort meal plan

Hi Singer

you can ask all the questions you want! i'll answer what i can!

re: rooms....it depends on what you want. if you are going for deluxe, which we love, try the two newer buildings flying fish or angel fish. go for the bottom floor if yoiu don't want a ton of steps. the building sits on a hill so your balcony is not right on the ground. and the views are incredible!

also deluxe is the dolphin house....go for an end unit on the second floor.. or marlin manor is deluxe also and right next to the pool. go for the upper unit.

and for something a bit cheaper try the lower snapper building and go for an end unit. these have a seperate bedroom. the deluxe are one huge room with a huge bathroom! we feel the deluxe is worth the $$ spent!

have fun! and book early! they fill up fast!

Bonnie

new york
Level Contributor
241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pompano beach resort meal plan

Hi Bonnie, Thanks again for the info. I will call my travel agent tomorrow. You have been a great help. I will call upon you again if anything else comes up. Singer

USA
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pompano beach resort meal plan

no problem Singer. glad i could help out! let me know what room you choose!

Bonnie

9. Re: pompano beach resort meal plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:28 am, September 15, 2009