We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reefs - never any availability

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
reefs - never any availability

whats the secret to booking here - i've been to bermuda 3 times in the last 2 years and have never seen any availability for this hotel

do you need to book many years in advance? - whats the secret?

Monmouth County,NJ
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reefs - never any availability

so sorry to hear that you cannot secure a reservation. It is difficult to obtain rezzies unless you can do it at least 6-12 months in advance. Most people who stay there will rebook for the following year upon checking out. Try calling the Reefs directly and keep in mind that they have a 28 day cancellation policy. Some people have been known to secure a room in that 28 day time due to cancellation. good luck and keep trying

USA
Level Contributor
29,105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reefs - never any availability

From May-thru September--high / summer season for Bermuda---The Reef boasts a usual 90%-to-100% occupancy rate (especially thru Jun, Jul & Aug)...and they've been doin' it year-in / year-out for at least a decade and more (perhaps the highest and most consistent occupancy rate on Bermuda). Many of their guests book next year's visit BEFORE they check out from this year's visit. So if there's a trick to booking The Reefs during high / summer season, it is to contact them no later than Jan 1st....or sooner if possible.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reefs - never any availability

Yes - I kind of figured this

I will need to call the hotel direct as when I try and book a year in advance through the likes of Expedia there is no availability ever........ and hence why I have always stayed around Elbow beach area........

I think Zoom flying to Bermuda has increased the demand for rooms - as the prices are about 25% higher than last year for say Mid-September.

Finally Bermuda is becomining a more popular destination - which it deserves - but I'd rather it was our own 'hidden gem' :-)

Monmouth County,NJ
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reefs - never any availability

Hi sti

forget about expedia or any other booking company that says it books rooms for the Reefs. I don't know why they claim to have rooms available when they clearly don't. Perhaps in the very off season the reefs will alot them a room or two for booking but i never found that to be true. The Reefs does very well on their own.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
837 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reefs - never any availability

I have booked successfully with Carrier in the past. Give them a call.

6. Re: reefs - never any availability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 05, 2009