We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elbow Beach Building Request

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Elbow Beach Building Request

Is anyone familiar with the buildings at Elbow? We are booked in a Premier Oceanview Room. Which buildings are more preferable...better views, quieter etc....

Teresa

USA
Level Contributor
27,560 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elbow Beach Building Request

The buildings closest to the beach / restaurants / Deep complex, at the very bottom of the property---BOUGAINVILLEA---will probably have the greatest '..noise-potential..' of any on the property (fronting onto the main drive and parking area) during most of the day and well into the evening. From the beach and restaurant complex, the main drive, goes past Bougainvillea, the tennis courts, then up the hill, past Easter Lilly, between Poinsettia & Gardenia, Coralita & Hibiscus, back to the main hotel entrance.

ELBOW BEACH Map & Diagram--

www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/534000446.asp

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elbow Beach Building Request

Thank you ...anyone have an other specific recommendations?

T

Billerica, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elbow Beach Building Request

Hi there -

I am also looking for specific "Premier Ocean View Room" complex recommendations. It sounds like Bougainvillea has lots of traffic by it? What about Alamanda? Is that up/above/on a hill and still have ocean views?

I am looking for something close to the beach but also quiet/private enough so we don't have people walking/driving past us all day/night.

I know I can't have the best of both worlds, but would appreciate any guidance here....

Thanks!

East Islip, New York
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elbow Beach Building Request

We stayed at Alamanda and it was perfect...great view. short walk to the beach and very quiet....

You will love it!

Teresa

Billerica, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elbow Beach Building Request

We ended up staying at Oleander (and Jasmine is right next to it, so similar). We had a room on the 2nd level and could see "Ocean View" about the gardens. It was nice - not a "beach view" but good to be up above the bar/restaurants so we could see out to the ocean. It is a hike to/from the beach though, especially after a few cocktails!! ;- ))

6. Re: Elbow Beach Building Request

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 28, 2009