We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elbow Beach Hotel

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Elbow Beach Hotel

Okay, here is my second post on this hotel. I keep reading bad reviews of this hotel. Is it really that terrible? I am staying in a renovated room (Premium Garden View) which I hear are very nice.

I can cancel my stay at Elbow Beach and maybe look at another hotel, any input on this would be much appreciated. If a change is recommended, does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a great hotel for a family of 3. ( 1 two year old)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elbow Beach Hotel

Just stayed at the Wyndham w/ the new water park. The hotel has been renovated-common areas and ocean view rooms. For the money it is a good value especially for families w/ children up to age 16.

If you have a 2 year old, this is the way to go. Stayed at Elbow in 2000 in a garden view suite, and was not impressed at all. Service was poor, and the layout of the resort is ill conceived. The beach is beautiful, but the pool is a haul up the hill from the beach, so you pretty much have to decide on any given day if you are doing the beach or pool. Whereas at the Wyndham, the beach and pool are next to each other. The waterpark has an area specifically for smaller children/toddlers. One other recommendation, ask the hotel to place a small fridge in your room so that you can store bottles for the baby, and drinks for yourself no matter where you stay. Wyndham charges a small fee of $5.00 to place a fridge in your room.

I think there is a cost difference between Elbow and Wyndham. Personally I would rather stay at the Wyndham and use the extra money to have fun. Weds is harbour nights in Hamilton. They have live music and fun things for children. Of course check out the Aquarium/ Zoo. Skip the Crystal caves-over priced and underwhelming.

2. Re: Elbow Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, August 16, 2009