We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New years Eve

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
554 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
New years Eve

We will be staying at Coco Reef New yrs eve weekend do they do anything special that weekend, Thanks

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New years Eve

Why not ask them?

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
554 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New years Eve

i meant in Bermuda but I will ask the hotel good idea.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New years Eve

It's probably best if you post questions about Bermuda in the Bermuda forum rather than in the individual parishes. Gets better exposure. There will be new Year's Eve festivities in Hamilton and usually St George. I haven't had chance to check but you could google it quite easily.

USA
Level Contributor
28,058 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New years Eve

There will be New Year's Eve events for the public along Front Street in downtown Hamilton, with local entertainments...possibly fireworks...but no schedule-of-events has been announced yet (pending sponsorship). As example, the last tourist to pass through Bermuda's airport on New Year's Eve day is detained by HM Immigration and Customs. Just before midnight the lucky(??) tourist is driven to downtown Hamilton, hoisted up the Flagpole at Front & Burnaby streets along the waterfront...and then '..lowered..' with great fanfare by Gombeys, the Bermuda Regiment Marching Band and the Bermuda Islands Pipes Band at midnight to mark the New Year. They used to 'lower' the winner of the '..Largest Onion..' blue ribbon at the Bermuda Agricultural Show but since the Bermuda Society for the Prevention of Needless Cruely To Root Vegetable (BSPNCRV...suggestions are currently being accepted for a 'catch-ier acronym) objected to the practice, they came up with the ceremonial '..tourist drop..' instead.

In addition to this, local restaurants, pubs and bars will hold their own New Year's Eve events.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,859 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: New years Eve

Apologies to OP, it's not so easy to google as I found out. I couldn't find any up to date info either. But rest assured that there will be something, somewhere!!! They may very well resort to hoisting a tourist up the flagpole, probably a Canadian because they are usually too polite to resist!!!

Edited: 11:06 am, September 25, 2012
6. Re: New years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, March 28, 2016