We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find Bermuda rentals?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to find Bermuda rentals?

I'm looking for rental listings for 4+ bedroom houses on the island. I've visited bermudarentals.com, but there are not a lot of properties listed with 4 or more bedrooms. We are getting married at Astwood Park next September, so we'd like to be near that area if possible. We also have friends and family traveling with us, so accommodations are needed for several groups of people. None of us have been to Bermuda before, so we need all the help we can get!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

Thanks! I was wondering about spas and where to get my hair done before the wedding. My planner recommended Strands for a salon. Good choice?

Also, about how far is it to Astwood Park from Horizon's? Walkable or do you need a bus/taxi?

I love spa days so i will look into your suggestions. I think we are going to do Splendido for the reception dinner. I have to email Angelo and my planner and see if they can get it worked out. Are the prices at Splendido comparable to Lido?

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
277 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

Strands is good--ask for Stefan. He does my hair, and I love him!

Splendido is a bit less expensive, I think, than Lido. But what you get for your money is far better and the service is much, much better. Tell Angelo that I recommended you go to him...he should take good care of you.

To get to Astwood, you would need to hire a taxi. Although, think about renting the jitney train (Bermuda Train Company) to bring everyone to and from the ceremony site. I did that, and it was a blast. My guests enjoyed the train ride. (can't remember how much it was, but probably about as much as it would cost for taxis if you were providing transport for all your guests)

oleander@ibl.bm

Telephone: 441 236 5972

Fax: 441 236 1949

You might want to only book one taxi for yourself to arrive at the ceremony site, so your groom doesn't see you before the ceremony!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

I've been in touch with Nick at Horizon's all week. He's been great and so accommodating! Thank you so much for this great recommendation. I should have hired you as my wedding planner! I feel much more relaxed now that rooms are taken care of...I can focus on the fun stuff. Our photographer is Alex Masters. He was recommended by someone else who was married on the island. Bermuda Bride recommended him as well. Do you know of him? His website looked impressive.

As far as our dinner goes, are there any local specialties you'd recommend serving? I'm not sure what the menu at Splendido looks like, but I wanted to give my guests to option to try something very "Bermudan".

USA
Level Contributor
28,367 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

>>>I'm not sure what the menu at Splendido looks like, but I wanted to give my guests to option to try something very "Bermudan".<<<

For a sample menu from SPLENDIDO--

http://www.bermuda.com/hosted/splendido/

It would be easy enough to contact SPLENDIDO directly--

Tel: (441) 239-7411

E-mail: splendido@logic.bm

and discuss your event, the anticipated number of guests, and possible menu selections and recommendations...as well as the possibility of the kitchens doing something '..special..' for your event.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

Thanks for the website. They have great pictures of the inside of the restaurant!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,002 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

This seems to have gone from finding a rental to how and where to plan a wedding. Much better to start a new topic, the title of this is now misleading.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

I guess this is the second time you have posted this topic with same heading. I'm not sure if you got my response in the previous posting but you could also try this website for rentals:

www.bermudarealty.com

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
277 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

Take a look at the menu KDKSail linked you to. The wahoo is local, and is far and away my favorite dish. They also usually have another fish (or spiny lobster) that is a local catch--but may vary depending on what is caught on a given day. Fish chowder is also a local specialty--it is not like any clam chowder you may have tasted, so don't think it will be like that. Locally, we use a rum and sherry pepper 'spice' to jazz it up and give it yummy, yummy flavors! Splendido has very good fish chowder.

Funny enough, I do know Alex Masters--not very well, but his sister used to go to a summer day camp that I ran. He does have good work. Good choice!

Keep in touch during the planning if you have any other questions. I am happy to answer them for you.

19. Re: Where to find Bermuda rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 18, 2010