We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wednesday evening in Hamilton - shopping/market?

Wash, DC
Level Contributor
141 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Wednesday evening in Hamilton - shopping/market?

I understand vendors set up on Wednesday evenings in Hamilton with crafts, etc. Are the crafts and vendors different than what you find at Dockyards? Are there true local items and crafts to purchase? Is it worth going?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
CT
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wednesday evening in Hamilton - shopping/market?

That doesn't look like him, but it could've been anyone serving the food. It was one guy serving and a gal taking orders and money. If I recall there were about 5 BBQ's out there, I went to the one that didn't have the cruise ship folks sliding in front of me like I wasn't there.

Either way, good jerk pork. Not to stray off topic, I'll write up a trip report later...we hit Landfall Restaurant on a night they had a buffet, wow what great fish and the jerk chicken was to die for...and the lamb, and the homemade desserts...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Wednesday evening in Hamilton - shopping/market?

I will be staying at the Grotto Bay Resort and would like to attend the Harbour Night in Hamilton on July 30. I am concerned about the transportation back to the resort if i stay until 8-9 pm. Any ideas.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,273 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wednesday evening in Hamilton - shopping/market?

You can still get a bus at that time or take a taxi.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Wednesday evening in Hamilton - shopping/market?

How long is the bus ride and how late do the buses run? Also, what is the average taxi cost from Hamilton to Grotto Bay Resort?

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Grotto Bay Beach Resort...
2,835 Reviews
Bermuda
USA
Level Contributor
29,181 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wednesday evening in Hamilton - shopping/market?

The #10 or #11--Hamilton-Saint George's-Hamilton bus (#1 & #3 also run into downtown Hamilton from GBBR but end earlier), from the regular stop at the end of Grotto Bay's entrance drive will take approx. 40 minutes to the main Bus terminal in downtown Hamilton. The last-run-of-the-day from the main Bus terminal in downtown Hamilton, back to Grotto Bay will be at 11:45 PM.

Bermuda is a tiny place and relatively easy to navigate. Take some time to '..familiarize..' yourself with it. This may make orienting yourself and finding your way out 'n about when you arrive quicker and easier.

BERMUDA--Handy Reference Map--(Orientation, layout, relative locations)--

gotobermuda.com/uploadedFiles/GetHere/MapsAn…

BERMUDA BUS INFO--(Routes, schedules, etc)--

www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt…

BERMUDA FERRY INFO--(Routes, schedules, fares, etc)--

http://www.seaexpress.bm/

The metered taxi fare between GBBR and downtown Hamilton will run approx. $35-$40.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton
Hamilton
Bermuda
Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Grotto Bay Beach Resort...
2,835 Reviews
Bermuda
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Wednesday evening in Hamilton - shopping/market?

Thank you so much.

Hamilton, Bermuda
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Wednesday evening in Hamilton - shopping/market?

Hello,

Wednesday Evening shopping or more commonly called Harbor Nights is held every Wednesday night From May until September starting at 7:00pm ending at 10:00pm. The items that are on sale are unique to Bermuda some items are extensions of what you see in the stores but others are home made items you can only find by attending Harbor Nights. This is a great family outing with activities for kids, food, live entertainment and so much more. Each week the night ends with a performance by the Bermuda Gombeys.

Edited: 3:09 pm, September 03, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Bermuda
Caribbean
18. Re: Wednesday evening in Hamilton - shopping/market?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 05, 2015