We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi cost?

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi cost?

How much would a taxi cost from Hamilton to the Bermuda aquarium and Zoo located in or around Flatts village?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi cost?

I would guess about $20 each way. Bus stops right outside, are you planning on buying a bus/ferry pass?

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi cost?

You can figure out rough 'gues-stimate' of taxi fares in Bermuda at $1 per minute (a bit higher for short trips because of the initial meter 'drop').

Gas in Bermuda runs the equivalent of approx. $7 per gallon...with correspondingly higher vehicle maintenance costs.

From the Hamilton Princess Hotel to BAMZ in Flatts would probably run $15 or so.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi cost?

We are not planning on a Bus/Ferry pass. Thanks again for all the info being provided.

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi cost?

Bear in mind that even if you plan on rental motorscooter(s) as your primary mode of personal transportation...should you get a rainy day (gods-of-travel forbid) the one-day Transportation Pass is still a great deal and relatively convenient....and in some respects, a better way to get about than taxi...in that buses are 'raised platforms' to see Bermuda from as you go. Insofar as the landward perspectives from the water are concerned, taxis have a curious tendency to sink (go figga'??) once beyond the dock. Ferries tend to be the better choice.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi cost?

Thanks for the laugh. Is the bus to the aqurium from Hamilton on the same route or are there bus changes along the way?

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi cost?

The #3-Hamilton-Saint George's bus route (or #3-Hamilton-Grotto Bay sub-route) from the main bus terminal up on Washington Street (next to City Hall..btwn: Church & Victoria Sts) will take you directly to BAMZ without changes. As noted earlier, there is a bus stop directly out in front of BMAZ.

To familiarize and give you a better idea of the relative bus and ferry routes, scroll through the information at these sites--

BERMUDA BUS INFO--(Routes, schedules, fares, Avg. Running Times)--

www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt…

BERMUDA FARRY INFO--(Routes, Schedules, etc)--

www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt…

Use the 'BERMUDA-Handy Reference Map' to aid with orientation and relative location--

www.bermudatourism.com/Downloadable_Map.pdf

If you look at the Bermuda-Handy Reference Map and the Bus & Ferry Route maps, you can easily work out your own '..circumnavigation..' of Bermuda by '..land 'n sea..'...hitting any number of sites and attractions along the way by mix 'n match bus and ferry routes. As noted just about every mile of every bus and ferry route is a 'great ride'..but some routes will be a bit more '..scenic..' than others. Perhaps the most scenic bus route will be the #7-Hamilton-Via South Shore Beaches-Dockyard route and the #1-Hamilton-Saint George's route. The BLUE-Hamilton-Dockyard ferry route out of Hamilton Harbour and across the Great Sound to Dockyard is a great 'boat ride'...and just for nuthin' better to do, a 'circuit' (out, around & back) on the PINK-Hamilton-Paget-Warwick ferry is a grand way to spend 20-25 minutes or so.

Pick up a couple of BERMUDA-Handy Reference Maps and BUS & FERRY brochures...and you'll be a Bermuda transportation '..expert..' in a day.

Edited: 4:10 pm, December 18, 2010
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi cost?

No changes. Direct bus. If you want to use the ferry at any time you will need a pass or tickets/tokens, they do not accept cash on the ferries. You can pay with cash on the bus but only with coins.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi cost?

You guys are the best...thanks so much. This is going to be the best 25th anniversary surprise for my wife.

I'll make sure you all get credit, but not until after she thinks I did all the research on my own first....lol

USA
Level Contributor
28,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi cost?

>>>I'll make sure you all get credit, but not until after she thinks I did all the research on my own first....lol<<<

Make '..deposits..' at Mexico and the Dominican Republic and '..withdrawals..' at Bermuda.....seems a fair trade.

10. Re: Taxi cost?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 18, 2011