We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fare

Which Hamilton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mass
Level Contributor
104 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Fare

Can anyone tell me the approx fare from the airport to Fairmont Princess in Hamilton? Is the fare per person? Also, how far away is it? And lastly, is there a bus route from airport to Fairmont Princess?

USA
Level Contributor
27,568 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Fare

The driving distance between the airport and downtown Hamilton is approx. 8-9 miles...25-30 minutes . The taxi fare between the airport and FAIRMONT HAMILTON PRINCESS will run $20-$25 for the taxi (not per person...plus $1 per bag surcharge...depending on route and traffic)...The Fairmont Hamilton Princess also offers a shuttle service between hotel and airport at $10 per person. There is regular bus service between downtown Hamilton and the airport...but luggage is NOT allowed aboard public buses.

Mass
Level Contributor
104 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Fare

Thanks so much for the helpful information. Would you happen to know if I need to call and arrange shuttle service to and from the airport or is there usually a shuttle bus waiting at the airport.

USA
Level Contributor
27,568 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Fare

I'm certain that someone will correct it if I'm mistaken but.....I believe that the private shuttle service must be pre-arranged through the Fairmont Hamilton Princess (Concierge Desk ??)--

http://www.fairmont.com/hamilton/

An Englishman in NY
Level Contributor
137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Fare

Last weekend taxi fare was $28 plus $1 per bag going to Hamilton Princess from airport and $27 with no charge for bags going back!

I believe that yes you have to pre arrange shuttle with Fairmont front desk/concierge.

An Englishman in NY
Level Contributor
137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Fare

Last weekend taxi fare was $28 plus $1 per bag going to Hamilton Princess from airport and $27 with no charge for bags going back!

I believe that yes you have to pre arrange shuttle with Fairmont front desk/concierge.

Edited: 3:04 pm, August 18, 2010
USA
Level Contributor
27,568 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Fare

With apologies...I confused taxi fares out to The Reefs for dinner with airport transfers...The above is closer to the taxi fare between airport and Hamilton Princess. We stayed at Rosedon recently (directly across the road from the Princess) and the fare coming into town was $28 (with the surcharge applied to baggage) comin' and $26 (with no baggage surcharge applied goin' ). Though the baggage surcharge is a part of the official Taxi Fare structure...whether it is applied or not is at the driver's discretion.

7. Re: Taxi Fare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, February 15, 2011