We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery stores?

Which Hamilton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
181 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
grocery stores?

My wife and I will be celebrating our 20th next month in Bermuda and will be staying at the Royal Palms. Think someone noted that there is a grocery/ deli which also sells liquor near the Palms but I have forgotten it's name and location. Are their other similar stores in Hamilton? Thanks.

Bermuda
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grocery stores?

The closest grocery store is Miles Market which is basically just down the hill.

There is also a 24/7 gas station/convenience store nearby for emergencies.

Click "Map" under the hotel's listing to see what's nearby.

http://www.informationpages.com/sys/pageserver.dll?b=41&s=-8&f=&go=royal+palms

USA
Level Contributor
27,747 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grocery stores?

There is a great little supermarket--MILES MARKET--located tucked back in (not just an idle expression) an '..alleyway..' just off of Pitts Bay Road (near the Mies van der Rohe, Bacardi building), behind the large '..WATERFRONT.' office/condo on the harbourside. There's just a small sign for MILE'S attached to the corner of the building...so you could easily miss it. You'll pass the alleyway going or returning from downtown Hamilton..approx 600 yards from the ROYAL PALMS..approx. half-way between the main ferry terminal and the hotel.

MILE'S MARKET is probably as close as you get to a '..gourment market..' in Bermuda...and probably has the very best Prepared Foods & Deli sections in Bermuda (with a 'killer' dessert section. It's great spot to stop and pick up all the fixin's for a great '..picnic supper..' or luncheon. It also has a great Wine & Liquor section..with a decent selection of 'splits' and half-bottles. Mile's is not 'cheap'...but the stuff here is REALLY GOOD !!!

Another good supermarket in downtown Hamilton will be the MARKET PLACE store, on Victoria St & Brunswick St...approx. 200-250 yards/2 1/2 blocks east along Victoria St. from the main bus depot in downtown Hamilron. It's a larger and more 'conventional' supermarket...but has a good Prepared Foods & Deli section and Wine & Liquor section.

MILE'S MARKET--

www.miles.bm/Reborn-MilesVer3/index.html

MARKET PLACE--

http://www.marketplace.bm/

Level Contributor
1,791 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grocery stores?

Just want to say how much I loved the Palms and was so glad that I stayed there. Would go back in a heartbeat.

4. Re: grocery stores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 01, 2010