We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery stores and restaurants for lunch.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery stores and restaurants for lunch.

Will be staying in St. George in May and need to find a great place to have lunch and also a grocery store that is close by. Thanks.

IOM
Level Contributor
305 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grocery stores and restaurants for lunch.

Wow, I forgot about Angelines. I used to love chopped egg on a toasted coffee roll from there.

Now I am hungry!!!

Long Island, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Grocery stores and restaurants for lunch.

I've been following these posts closely as my 14 y/o and I are going to be in Bermuda for some 'mother-son time' in 2 days and are staying at Grotto Bay. We were unable to take advantage of the meal plan there and will probably head out to some supermarkets etc. by bus, and eat out here and there. However, in reading up on the Bermuda Customs and Immigration site, I am confused as to whether I will need to declare and pay duty on nuts, snacks, juice boxes etc? 14 year old boys eat constantly and I was hoping to bring some items from home.

thanks for all the great info!

USA
Level Contributor
28,370 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grocery stores and restaurants for lunch.

NO...unless you are bringing in case-lot quantities of snacks and beverages on a shipping pallet (certainly a possibility where a teenager's capacity to '..graze..' is concerned)...there's no need to make any HM Customs Declaration

Edited: 5:36 pm, April 06, 2010
Long Island, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Grocery stores and restaurants for lunch.

Thanks so much, as I've already amassed an arsenal of supplies. The Customs web site is slightly confusing as it mentions which types of breakfast cereals are duty free (types of grains etc), and that there is a 5% duty on juice, and doesn't mention other foods like peanut butter or jelly etc. You would think we were planning an assault on Everest but I remember when I went to Bermuda last year for the 1st time that everything was quite expensive. And I'm from New York!

PS have read lots of your posts, you are a fountain of information!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Grocery stores and restaurants for lunch.

Somers market has a nice buffet breakfast and temptations has a good breakfast bagel with egg, sausage or bacon. That's about it for breakfast. Lots of restaurants and other businesses have closed. No cruise ships means no business. Was just there and it was pretty much deserted. Maybe once the hot weather comes they'll be more tourists. Oh, I almost forgot Angelines, but we didn't go in.

16. Re: Grocery stores and restaurants for lunch.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 09, 2010