We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel with infant

Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Travel with infant

My husband and I are traveling for the first time with our two month old. I'm curious about some of the logistics. We plan on using buses to get around, but I understand we can't use them to/from the airport since we'll have our luggage.

Is this correct? Does that mean we need to bring our carseat and take him in a taxi? Are there other options?

Any other travel tips with infant?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel with infant

There's really no other option but a taxi. Taxis are not required to have car seats. You could try emailing Sylvia Wilson at sew@logic.bm tell her what you need and she may be able to pick you up at the airport. I believe that she may have a car seat for her taxi. Nice lady.

USA
Level Contributor
28,171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel with infant

Your options for airport transfer will be: regular metered taxis (readily available at the airport upon arrival)...OR...a pre-arranged shared, airport shuttle (CEO TRANSPORT-- https://www.limobermuda.com/ )

Child safety seats are not required in taxis, shuttles or public buses or ferries..

If you'll be traveling around via Bermuda's excellent public transportation system--buses and ferries--a lightweight, folding stroller will be a really good idea. You can '..roll-aboard..' strollers on most public ferry routes (PINK--Hamilton-Paget-Warwick route excepted)...but you'll need to carry strollers aboard on public buses. It's also worth noting that '..surfaces..' are VARIED in Bermuda...so stroller with large wheels will be an asset.

Most restaurants will have child '..booster seats..' available but only SOME will have '..high chairs..'.

3. Re: Travel with infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 12, 2014