We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BabyMoon?

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
BabyMoon?

I've researched this topic for several weeks but keep coming back with nothin. My wife (expecting wife!) and I are trying to determine if Bermuda would be a good destination for a BabyMoon this June. We are looking for a place on the beach, low key, excellent food, decent spa - not too over the top price wise. We live on the East Coast and would prefer to stay within 2.5 hr flight from the DC area.

Has anyone 'babymooned' in Bermuda? Any recommendations (other than Bermuda) are more than welcomed!

USA
Level Contributor
27,111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: BabyMoon?

>>>..Do you know which (if any) of these hotels/resorts will have less families (screaming children/babies, etc.)?...<<<

You probably won't find all that many '..other people's children..' at properties like The Reefs or Pompano Beach Club during late-May/early-June (US school terms haven't ended yet). Bermuda tends to be a destination that people come to to '..build..' children, rather than bring 'em after they're '..built..'. They tend to return to Bermuda to escape 'em.

But, as noted above, of those listed, Cambridge Beaches is the only one with a restrictive "...Children's Policy--As a resort catering to adults, Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa we welcome guests 16 years and older..."'. But I wouldn't be too quick to eliminate either The Reefs or Pompano Beach Club for the absence of such a policy.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
101 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: BabyMoon?

Flights are booked! (secured the last two seats - direct from DC!)

Now we’re trying to determine where to stay and have narrowed down the suggested resorts/hotels to the following:

-Grotto Bay

-Pink Beach Club

-Fairmont Southampton and/or Hamilton Princess

-Elbow Beach and Cambridge are on the short-list as well but are around 700-1000k more (entire stay).

Assuming all were the exact same price – which of the above do you get the most bang for your buck?

Nicest Beach?

Nicest Rooms?

Nicest Spa?

Best Food?

Best Service?

I suppose these questions are rather subjective but I’m struggling on making a final decision…

HELP!

USA
Level Contributor
27,111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: BabyMoon?

Given that one of your concerns was other-people's "..screaming children.." and now a nice beach and decent spa...I'd be inclined to write-off GROTTO BAY BEACH RESORT, which will probably have the highest number of children, just an okay beach fronting onto the Ferry Reach Inlet/Castle Harbour inlet and not much in the way of spa facilities (but what there is in the natural limestone, Prospero's/Cathedral Cave). CAMBRIDGE BEACHES (with their no children under-16 childrens policy) will have the fewest

For the best spas of the group, the CAMBRIDGE BEACHES or the FAIRMONT SOUTHAMPTON hotels are the definite winners

For the best beaches CAMBRIDGE BEACHES, FAIRMONT SOUTHAMPTON HOTEL and PINK BEACH CLUB will all suit.

For best food and service...CAMBRIDGE BEACHES

For not too "..lowbrow.." CAMBRIDGE BEACHES.

I'm not sure if there's any discernible '..pattern..' to these observations??...but you can probably figure it out if there is one.

14. Re: BabyMoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 11, 2014