We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newstead Belmont Hills - receivership?

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Newstead Belmont Hills - receivership?

Hi there,

I'm planning to go to this hotel in March for a week, but have just found out it's been in receivership for quite sometime. I'm assuming that means it shouldn't be a problem but I can only find online information that dates back to early 2011? Can anyone advise?Looking at recent postings on TA it's still running normally but just wonder if anyone could update me on the situation. Many thanks

USA
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newstead Belmont Hills - receivership?

For all intent and purpose...the current receivership situation hasn't much changed....nor affected ordinary hotel operations. The condo/hotel is functioning normally.

Boston
Level Contributor
456 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newstead Belmont Hills - receivership?

Nothing has really changed from an operational standpoint. The fractional owners and the receivers / banks are trying to work out the finances of the hotel / condominium complex, while still working to find a permanent owner. Maintenance has been kept up quite well and the resort and guest rooms look great. I cannot wait to get back down there in May.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Newstead Belmont Hills - receivership?

Thanks to both of you. I'll look forward to my visit now .

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newstead Belmont Hills - receivership?

Just to add a note, I stopped at their spa a few weeks ago. Excellent Thai massage therapist who does a very nice head, back and foot massage. Highly recommended!

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Newstead Belmont Hills - receivership?

Oh goody! Will definitely use that, thanks!

6. Re: Newstead Belmont Hills - receivership?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 31, 2014