We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January

New York
Level Contributor
122 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
January

We are thinking of making a trip to Bermuda from NYC in January. I understand the weather won't be beach weather (but I figured it may be better than in nyc). What kind of activities can one expect to do in January? Do you guys think we would be able to go out on the water (if not in it)? How about walks outside and on the beaches?

This being off season in Bermuda, there are some good deals that we are getting. Question for you folks is, is it worth it to come to Bermuda in January?

Mentioned in this post
Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: January

hmmm...

all museums are open as are art galleries and forts. if it happens to be a nice day, then by all means got to the beach. if you think you can enjoy yourself in mid 60f water, then go for it! as for getting out on the water, that might be difficult. the only company that comes to mind right now is reef comber out of dockyard. if they are running it will be on a very limited schedule and will most likely be glass bottom only. try them at 441 236 1300. renting your own boat might be an option and the only company that might have boats in the water is h2o watersports in somerset, at the end of cambridge road near the public dock. enjoy!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,282 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: January

The ferries run year round so that's another way of getting out on the water. Buy a pass which will allow you to use the buses and ferries as much as you like. Weather is quite often very changeable, sunshine then a sudden heavy shower for a few minutes, can get very breezy. I'm on the island now and have experienced everything except hail and snow!!! It was very warm and very humid the first few days I was here. Quite warm and humid this morning, rained heavily for a few minutes while I was on the bus and then cleared again. A really stiff breeze off the waters of the Great Sound yesterday but much calmer today.

Hamilton will be great for doing some shopping or just browsing. Lots of restaurants of all kinds. St George's is lovely, browse around all the little lanes and alleys. Pay a visit to St Peter's Church which was 400 years old this year.

Play some golf. Walk the Railway Trail. Look at the column to the left of this page for more information.

www.weather.bm

Mentioned in this post
Bermuda Railway Trail
Bermuda Railway Trail
98 Reviews
Bermuda
Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: January

here's a useful tool i found today for planning your trips around the island

www.thebusschedule.com

4. Re: January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, December 16, 2013