We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BermudaRentals.com property E05A

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
136 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
BermudaRentals.com property E05A

Hello,

We are planning a trip to Bermuda for the end of May 2013. We're looking for a studio or one bedroom rental property w/ full kitchen (full size fridge) and a nice sitting area with BBQ. Has anyone ever heard about the 1 bedroom property E05A on the North shore? This rental is available for the dates we'd like to travel. It has a lovely waterview with access for swimming. The Railway walking Trail is at the bottom of the property and looks very pretty. I'm not sure if this property would be within walking distance of the bus routes? I can't tell clearly from the bus routes map if this property would be close to the zone 4 or 2 bus route? Can anyone can offer any information.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: BermudaRentals.com property E05A

The property will be on the bus routes going to and from St George's. The description says that the bus stop is right outside which would be correct if it is next to the Landfall restaurant.. I haven't got a bus timetable in front of me at the moment but there will be good bus service along there.

Bermuda Rentals is a reputable company and I'm sure will answer any questions that you have.

Edited: 6:56 pm, November 18, 2012
Cape Cod
Level Contributor
136 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BermudaRentals.com property E05A

Senior65,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Danielle

USA
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BermudaRentals.com property E05A

As noted in the description...E05A--E05. Studio on the ocean near Baileys Bay in Hamilton--is located alog the north shore, in Hamilton Parish (not 'City'). The property will be set back in from the North Shore Road--approx.400-500 yards. There are two(2) public bus routes that pass by this location, along the North Shore Road--#10 & #11--Hamilton-Saint George's.

The property will also be within walking distance (approx. 1,000 yards or so??) of the SWIZZLE INN-- http://www.swizzleinn.com/. At the intersection where the Swizzle Inn Pub is located, you can also connect to the #1 & #3--Hamilton-Saint George's (and #1 & #3--Hamilton-Grotto Bay sub-routes that terminate their routes at the Grotto Bay Beach Resort). There is also a mini-mart/convenience store in this same immediate area.

In the opposite direction (west--to your right as you face the north shore ocean) along the North Shore Road, you'll also find a large MARKET PLACE supermarket at the Shelly Bay Shopping Centre-- http://www.marketplace.bm/ --(at: Radnor Rd.)

For what it's worth...'..Zones..' don't refer to bus '..routes..' they refer to geographic '..transportation zones..' for the purposes of fare i.e travel within 1-3 contiguous transportation '..zones..' is a lower fare. Travel between 3-14 contiguous transportation '..zones..' is a higher fare.

Edited: 2:51 am, November 19, 2012
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: BermudaRentals.com property E05A

If this property is near the Landfall restaurant then the MarketPlace will be to the left if you are facing the ocean, I think. It's really not possible to walk from there to the Swizzle Inn, no sidewalks for the most part. It may be possible to get to Shelley Bay and the supermarket, sidewalk most of the way. Not sure if it's continuous. But certainly the bus will take you to all these locations in one or two stops.

USA
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BermudaRentals.com property E05A

t

>>>...the MarketPlace will be to the left if you are facing the ocean...<<<

Oooops !!!....I must've meant my '..other right..'. This is what comes from not using indelible ink when ya' write the 'L's 'n 'R's on your hands.

As CORRECTLY noted above...The MarketPlace--Shelly Bay supermarket (and liquor) will be to your right as you face the ocean. Any #10 or #11 bus from the stop on the North Shore Road near your rental cottage will take you there in a few minutes.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
136 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BermudaRentals.com property E05A

Thank you both for the info on nearby places and bus route info too! We are going to book this property and I'm so looking forward to returning to Bermuda after 20+ years!

USA
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BermudaRentals.com property E05A

For what it's worth to you...the section of the Bermuda Railway Trail, that runs along the north shore near your cottage, between Coney Island and Shelly Bay is one of the two best sections of the entire trail network. It runs right along the shore (and in a few places above the water) along almost all of the stretch (approx. 2 miles)...with wonderful north shore ocean views all along the way. You'll also find any number of lovely spots along the stretch to stop and picnic...perhaps even slip into the water for a swim. For some reason, it seems to 'work' best when walking from east-to west (from Coney Island-to-Shelly Bay). This stretch of the BRT is no more than a couple/few hundred yards from the North Shore Road, so hopping a #10 or #11 bus when you're done won't be a problem. You could take a '.stroll..' along the trail to the Shelly Bay MarketPlace for a few odds 'n ends for dinner...then hop a bus back to the cottage.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
136 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BermudaRentals.com property E05A

KDKSAIL,

I"m looking forward to exploring the trail. I don't recall if they had it back 20 years ago, when I visited in 1983. The bus system seems like the way to go on the island, reasonable, reliable and safe. We may rent a scooter for 1-2 days, but will mostly utilize the public bus. This property is on the walking rail trail, on conservation land. It's built into a hillside with a grassy patio and a second patio off of the second floor bedroom, with wonderful views of the north shore waters on Baily's bay and has water access steps at the bottom of the property. Thanks for all your helpful info!!

USA
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BermudaRentals.com property E05A

The BRT was there 20 years ago but they were only just getting the system up 'n running then.

The most economic way to use Bermuda's excellent public transportation system is by purchasing a one-day or multi-day TRANSPORTATION PASS. You can probably purchase yur TRANSPORTATION PASS at the POST OFFICE branch, located at the round-about intersection (Blue Hole Hill / North Shore Road / Wilkinson Ave.) nearthe Swizzle Inn. Depending on the day and time of your arrival, you can ask the taxi driver to stop at the post office on the ride from the airport.

If you decide to rent motor scooters for some portionor al of your visit there is an OLEANDER CYCLES rental shop, located on Blue Hole Hill, next to the RUBiS gas station Grotto Bay Beach Resort) You'll pass it upon arrival, just after you cross the Causeway on the way to your cottage from the airport.

OLEANDER CYCLES--

http://www.oleandercycles.bm/

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
136 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BermudaRentals.com property E05A

We'll be flying in on May 24th 'Bermuda Day' - a public holiday. Would I be correct in assuming the Post office and gov't offices will be closed on this day? I think we'll buy a multi day or a week bus pass. I'm not sure where we could conveneintly purchase the bus passes on the our ride from airport to our self catering apartment on Bermuda Day, suggestions?