We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned From The Reefs

New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Just Returned From The Reefs

We just spent four days at The Reefs. When we arrived on Sunday, the weather was warm and the property was beautiful. We were greeted at the front desk with rum swizzles, a nice touch. Unfortunately, our room was not ready at 3pm and we had to wait until around 4:30pm, but we enjoyed a drink outside overlooking the water. When we got to our room, a cliffside room, it was very nice with a beautifully updated bathroom and a view that was to die for. The patio was very private, a nice size and the furniture was nice. The only restaurant that was open for breakfast and dinner was Ocean Echo. The other restaurants were supposed to open for the season on April 18th. Coconuts was open for lunch and snack from 12-4pm. We had dinner at Ocean Echo, which was very good. The menu changes daily and there are several choices offered. Everything was great, the employees were very friendly and the service was great. The next day, we took a nice 15 minute walk to Horseshoe Bay (and got to see whales jumping along the way - a real treat). Horseshoe Bay is beautiful and we walked along all of the beaches (which were fairly empty) and then back to The Reefs and had lunch at Coconuts, overlooking the beach. The beach and pool were fairly empty, which made it feel like a very private resort. Several rooms were still being renovated, so the resort seemed fairly empty, which was nice. Afternoon tea was always nice, with teas, sandwiches, cookies and desserts. Again, dinner at Ocean Echo did not disappoint. The following day, we took the public bus (very clean and efficient) to the Royal Naval Dockyard and walked around and did some shopping. We returned to The Reefs for lunch at Coconuts, some time on the beach and at the pool and some time relaxing and enjoying our great view from our patio. We decided to try the dine around plan, since Ocean Echo was the only restaurant open at The Reefs. We had wanted to try Cambridge Beaches, but were unable to get that, so we tried Pompano Beach Club. The staff at Pompano Beach were so nice and went out of their way to accommodate us, however, the food was not nearly as good as the food at The Reefs. I would recommend skipping the dine around and eat at The Reefs, where the food is fabulous.

Overall, The Reefs is a beautiful, private resort that is perfect if you are looking for a relaxing, quiet getaway. The views at this property are amazing, the rooms are nice, the staff is friendly (especially Carrie at the front desk) and the food is fabulous. While there were some children (probably most staying in the Reefs Club Residence condos - which look beautiful), the resort seemed to cater more to couples. Children are not allowed at the pool between 5pm and 7pm, in order to allow adults quiet time to enjoy the pool area. We have been to Bermuda before (with our children) and this time we left the children home and decided to try The Reefs. We travel extensively, and this will be one of the more memorable resorts that we have stayed at. It really was a wonderful trip and we hope to return to The Reefs again.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,741 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Just Returned From The Reefs

I really don't think that you will miss anything by not staying at the Reefs or any of the other hotels for that matter. Lovely as they are. You can always go to one of them for a meal and none of their beaches compare to the many public beaches available to you. It's certainly convenient to be looked after, have instant access to restaurants and a beach but the whole island is available to you with just a little effort and a lot less cost if you rent or stay in one of the smaller accommodations as you are doing.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,778 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just Returned From The Reefs

That's the impression we have and I appreciate that confirmation. Yes we will have to taxi or bus for dinner if we eat out but I remember the transportation system being excellent there, and we're not big on the hotel services and amenities. With all of the great, helpful advice I've gotten on this forum we have zero concerns about where we're staying and look forward to seeing the island again!

Montville
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Just Returned From The Reefs

Cjcmk, your room sounds perfect. Should I just request a cliffside room or did you stay in a certain type of cliffside room?

Montville
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Just Returned From The Reefs

Cjcmk, your room sounds perfect. Should I just request a cliffside room or did you stay in a certain type of cliffside room?

New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just Returned From The Reefs

We stayed in a renovated cliff side room. It was room 334 and it is called Windswept. It was a nice room with an incredible view and the balcony was very private. I would definitely recommend requesting this room.

USA
Level Contributor
27,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Just Returned From The Reefs

SOME of the 'Cliffside' rooms were renovated, with new bathrooms. SOME were not...but they've plans to complete the renovations on these remaining rooms over this coming winter. So...be sure to request a recently renovated room.

17. Re: Just Returned From The Reefs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 21, 2013