We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marley Beach Cottages

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marley Beach Cottages

I've just noticed that a studio apartment, called Sand Pebble, at Marley Beach Cottages is being offered for rent through bermudagetaway.com. According to the info it is the only unit being offered at this time. I believe the cottage colony has been closed for some time so I don't know what the story is regarding this unit. Lovely beach and beautiful views. Rental runs from $1,000 to $2,500 per week, including taxes, depending on the season.

Bernardsville, New...
Level Contributor
355 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marley Beach Cottages

That's fantastic that another location has been added to the Bermuda Getaway collection. I loved Marley Beach when I stayed there and the views and the beach were fabulous. The $1000 weekly charge is not bad but the $2500 for a week in high season is pretty high for a studio, even considering the location. I wonder if more of the Marley Beach units will come on line, were they sold to individuals do you think?

USA
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marley Beach Cottages

I believe that the current owners are living in some of the former rental units (not sure which ones, but if I were them it would be Heavens Above & Next to Heaven).

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Marley Beach Cottages

Yes, $2500 does seem a bit steep for a studio. I suppose that it is still a better deal than just an hotel room, much more room and the ability to prepare some meals. The website says that transportation is included, maid service once a week and some initial basic food supplies.

USA
Level Contributor
27,337 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marley Beach Cottages

The number of private, ocean-front 'cottage' rentals on Bermmuda are in relatively short supply. Since the closing of Marley Beach and Munro Beach Cottages, pretty much all that's left are the two, Grape Bay Beach Cottages, which during high-season usually only have availability due to last-minute cancellations. So while $2,500 per week is a bit on the high side; it's probably just about right, relative to demand.

St. Catharines, ON
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marley Beach Cottages

Marley Beach is a great place to stay. I have stayed there a few times and the last time I was in Sea Song, adjoining Sand Pebble. It is my understanding that this unit has been enlarged and is the 'home' of the owners, while the other units have been leased long-term or sold. Sand Pebble is the only unit available for visitor rental. The price $2500. somewhat high, but they can probably get that because it is on a private beach (only accessible to people living at Marley Beach).

Check out www.bermudarentals.com and search property C54 as an example of a better price and although not on a beach it is very near the beaches. Also C18 looks nice (but no pool). If I wasn't lucky enough to have a freind to stay with these would be the two I would consider....even though I did love Marley Beach.

6. Re: Marley Beach Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:54 am, June 29, 2009
Daytona Beach
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Marley Beach Cottages

We have enjoyed the Sand Pebble studio since 1984 on our visits to Bermuda. It is the only place we stay. We were disheartened to learn of June Stanton's death (the previous owner, but are thrilled that the property has been saved. The property is on the most beautiful piece of Bermuda with a fantastic private beach. We will be returning in another year and will definitely stay at Sand Pebble! It is just the right size with a view unmatched. Almost every other Bermuda beach property has gotten way to big and "westernized" - but Marley is true Bermuda! Hats off to Diana for saving this precious jewel!!!

Karen

west creek nj
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Marley Beach Cottages

My husband & I just returned from the Sand Pebble. We stayed one week June 2009. This is a wonderful vacation spot. Like no other experience you will have. The beach is private and the studio apartment is clean and perfect for two. A very romantic getaway. I would recommend to anyone!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marley Beach Cottages

topping

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marley Beach Cottages

My husband and I stayed at Marley Beach last July in the "Next to Heaven" cottage and that's pretty much where we were- next to Heaven! We're going back in Jluy and this time we're going to stay in the Sand Pebble Studio. It seems a little more "kept up" than the one we stayed in last year. What an excellent place to stay when visiting our favorite place in the world!