We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Palms Hotel

south shore...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Royal Palms Hotel

We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with a return to Bermuda. We are considering a stay at the Royal Palms Hotel. Has anyone stayed there recently? Is the mini-suite a little roomier than the standard rooms? Also, I hear a lot of complaints about showers with enough hot water in some hotels. Is this a problem at the Royal Palms?

Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
27,937 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Palms Hotel

Sorry...we haven't stayed there but we did drop in to check the place out for an acquaintance who was considering it the summer before last. The hotel is set back from Pitt's Bay Road, on Rosmont Ave. in a '..garden district..' of Hamilton. The hotel itself is a lovely old Bermudian colonial set in its own garden setting. It' would be approx a 15 minute walk into downtown Hamilton. The morning we dropped in, the hotel was nearly fully-booked and there was only one vacant double room to show us (no mini-suites) This particular room must have been the least desireable in the hotel because it looked a bit cramped and dark (though it was morning and the room's windows faced the northwest so morning sun wouldn't have gotten around by then which probably would have brightened it) and we thought the decor a bit 'dated' and 'basic'. If this were our hotel choice, we would certainly consider up-grading to either a Surerior double or a mini-suite (we did look into one mini-suite that was being made-up by housekeeping) from the hallway. The hotel's small pool and deck are lovely and though it's been a few years since we've dined at ASCOT'S (they do a great Sunday Brunch) and it is still an wnderfully intimate dining room. The outdoor terrace is a charming place for breakfast.

I don't know about the hot water situation at ROYAL PALMS but it wouldn't surprise me. Many smaller Bermuda hotels and guesthouses have OCCASIONAL problems with water---due to the nature of fresh water delivery methods on Bermuda in general--but I really don't expect that at a place as well run and managed as this that it would be anything other than a fluke.

In the end, our acquaintances decided to stay at ROSEDON just down the road at Rosemont & Pitt's Bay Rd. and enjoyed this.