We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elbow Beach - Lido vs. Sea Horse Grill?

Ipswich MA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Elbow Beach - Lido vs. Sea Horse Grill?

I am planning a 50th anniversary dinner celebration at Elbow Beach for my parents, as they honeymooned there. The resort seems completely different since my last visit 15 years ago. Does anyone know which restaurant would be the best choice (Lido vs. Sea Horse Grill)? The concierge suggested the Sea Horse Grill, and when I inquired as to why over the Lido, it was because the Lido was still not open due to renovations needed from hurricane damage. However, I read yesterday that the Lido reopened last week. We'll be going the end of June. Any thoughts? Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
27,568 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elbow Beach - Lido vs. Sea Horse Grill?

Your parents will probably remember the Sea Horse Grill from their last visit. It was a small, traditional Bermudian dining room, located in a the lower level of the main hotel. In the past, one portion of the space was a small dining room and the other was one of the hotel's lounges/bars--the Sea Horse Pub. Most of the space is now given over to a dining room with pleasant old Bermudian architectural design--- www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/534000039.asp

Outside of the Lido, on the tented terrace above the beach, with views of the ocean is the SEA BREEZE CAFE, which is set up for dinner and I think this dining room went back into operation last year--- diningbermuda.com/LIDO/Seabreeze/views.htm

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elbow Beach - Lido vs. Sea Horse Grill?

Go with Lido. had dinner there May 12th. It was amazing, they had just reopened after being closed for 16 months. Most of the menu is seafood. If you are looking for something special, I also saw 2 couples celebrating with there own private dinner right on the beach with tiki toches etc... I guess you would go thru elbow for this.