We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Bermuda
Search

Bermuda cruise from NYC

Westport...
1 post
2 reviews
Bermuda cruise from NYC
Save

We are taking a Bermuda cruise and there are a few port excursions that take guests to the local beaches. But is there any public beach access close by without having to book a Disney excursion to get to one?

USA
Level Contributor
32,280 posts
9 reviews
40 helpful votes
1. Re: Bermuda cruise from NYC
Save

The Disney beach shore excursion will probably only take you to the same PUBLIC beach--Horseshoe Bay Beach-- that you can get just as easily all on your own, via Horseshoe Bay Beach Shuttles ($7 per person one way) from your King's/Heritage Wharf cruise ship pier at the Royal Naval Dockyard complex. There is a concessionarire (RUM BUM'S BEACH BAR-- https://rumbumbeachbar.com/ )at Horseshoe Bay Beach that rents chaise lounge and beach umbrellas...serves basic '..beach food..' . There are also full bathroom and changing room facilities at the beach.

Since the cruise lines use local tour and excursion operators when in Bermuda....you can book your own shore excursions DIRECTLY for more flexibility and often at lower prices.

Hamilton, Bermuda
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
2. Re: Bermuda cruise from NYC
Save

Hello sarah100232018,

There are a few different beaches that you can visit from the cruise ship terminal on your own using either public transportation or a taxi. As previously suggested our famous Horseshoe Bay is one that you can visit approx a 20 min drive from the Royal Naval Dockyard by either a shuttle service or the number 7 route bus. gotobermuda.com/profile/…about

You might also be interested in visiting the Warwick Long Bay just a few mins further down which is very popular among visitors and can also be accessed from the number 7 bus route gotobermuda.com/profile/…about

In walking distance of the ship is the Snorkel Park Beach and restaurant however they do charge an admission fee to access the beach www.snorkelparkbeach.com

Here is our bus schedule for you to view the departure times gotobermuda.com/sites/default/master/files/b… and our Handy Reference Map so that you can see the distance to your destination gotobermuda.com/sites/…bermuda-map-web.pdf

Hopedale...
Level Contributor
141 posts
78 reviews
36 helpful votes
3. Re: Bermuda cruise from NYC
Save

When I cruise, I often book excursions with the cruise ship due to unfamiliarity with the location, language, safety concerns, etc., even though I know I am paying an upcharge. However, this definitely is not necessary in Bermuda and can be done quite easily and safely on your own for less money.

United States
Level Contributor
43,884 posts
23 reviews
59 helpful votes
4. Re: Bermuda cruise from NYC
Save

The one thing I can advise and this is especially true for Bermuda because the transportation system can be a little iffy, be very wary of your time if not booking your excursion on the last day on the island through the ship because if you are late getting back to the ship you will most likely be left behind and that would put you in a pickle getting home.

USA
Level Contributor
32,280 posts
9 reviews
40 helpful votes
5. Re: Bermuda cruise from NYC
Save

>>>...Bermuda because the transportation system can be a little iffy...<<<

That's curious....because the VAST OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of visitors to Bermuda, over MANY YEARS, who've made use of Bermuda's public transportation system during their stays to get out 'n about via public buses and ferries, consistently report the system to be excellent and relatively easy to figure out and use and other similar praises....anything but "..iffy..". But I suppose that if a rider has difficulty reading and understanding simple bus or ferry schedules or reading a basic map....I suppose it could seem "..iffy..".

6. Re: Bermuda cruise from NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 am, July 21, 2019