We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is it like during Sprng Brk?

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
503 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
What is it like during Sprng Brk?

Has anyone been there the 3rd wk in March? Does Spring Breakers take over? If so, we're are they at and we're do we stay away from?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,898 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is it like during Sprng Brk?

Aruba isn't really known as a spring break destination (too expensive for the younger crowd.)

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is it like during Sprng Brk?

Thank God!

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is it like during Sprng Brk?

I was in Aruba in 2004 during the third week of March..NO spring breakers...Did see a few teens with their parents..I don't think many Spring Breakers can afford Aruba.

Went to tthe Bahama's that time during 2005 and the place was LOADED with Spring Breakers, they could be very annoying. Would never go back there at that time again.

We stayed at the Divi and had a wonderful time.

Enjoy,

Nancy

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is it like during Sprng Brk?

We'll be there (3/11-3/25), and were there last year at that time. No problems.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
503 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is it like during Sprng Brk?

Thanks, this makes me feel better. We'll be there from the 22nd - 26th of March.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
361 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is it like during Sprng Brk?

Although we have never encountered them, we may this year. I would definitely stay away from the Holiday Inn.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is it like during Sprng Brk?

If you really sit down and think, there are only a handful of students, if that, who ask about going to Aruba for Spring Break. Not a huge area that attracts as it is not centrally located either. MX, and FL are closer and easier to get to from the US. Even with FL being 6 hours from CA, still closer than Aruba. But I think it is ultimately too expensive.

EIRE pa
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is it like during Sprng Brk?

Let open up a can of worms. After the Holiday thing so you think the average american family really wants to send there child to Aruba? Though, Aruba is the safest Island i have ever been too and it happens in major US cities and smaller US cities. God bless.

EIRE pa
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is it like during Sprng Brk?

Plus, it is an older crowd. At least last July for my honeymoon.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
361 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is it like during Sprng Brk?

Chriss,

I agree, Aruba is the safest island I have ever been to, but unsupervised teenagers are just a time bomb waiting to explode.

In the 15 years that we have been going to Aruba, we have never encountered rude, drunk, obnoxious teenagers ( a few adults maybe) but I would never let my teenager go anywhere unsupervised. Carlos & Charlies is one of our favorite places, but we have seen people fallen down drunk there. It may be the times that we go and the hotels at which we stay, but we have not encountered the spring break crowd, but I would still not be comfortable sending my child unsupervised.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach