We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

just returned from the occidental from my honeymoon on october 1st. The resort looks great. Any questions i can answer?

n.j.
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

just wundering if const. hindered your stay in anyway.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
633 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

we are heading to the occidental in May for our honeymoon. did you stay in the club level - if you did - were you able to make reservations for more than 3 restaurants? how was the food?? did you do any cool excursions that you would recommend? Thanks!

chicago
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

I am a little concerned about the rooms. Are they really as good as they look or it depends on the room cost?

Philly
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

Been reading many bad repeorts on this resort, even one on Aruba travelguide where they re-use the same food night after night.

Stayed at the Divi in 05 looking for something a little different but still AI, would like to go here but the reviews are ok to really bad.

Your impressions please.

Thanks Old Mike

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

first to the food re used.

could see that possible the food was re used from the buffett to the lunch the next day. did not hinder the food at all. i personally stayed away from the few selections that i saw that may have been re used and there was still plenty of selection. During lunch and dinner they have made to order bars. AM omlettes ,eggs any way you want, etc. lunch burgers hot dogs, etc, any way you want. highly reccomend the pasta station. very good. did not see what looked like any re used food for dinner. all dinners were wonderful and fresh. ( im a foodie, cook all the time and know what re used food looks like.)

food quality at the al a carte resteraunts for dinner was superb every night. except for the mexican. absolutely wonderful.

the rooms are exactly as you see from the occidental web page. will be uploading pics within the next couple days of room and resort.

everyting was worth it, cannot wait to get the pics up so you can see. they speak more than my words can.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

balcam.

did not stay in the club level. although, it might be reccomended. we at at the club level resteraunt one night becuase of our honeymoon and it was wonderful. they had their own private business center, concierge, etc. either way it was good. i think the royal club was too much money for what would be given, just my opinion. the resort was great.

excursions.

we did the jolly pirate. HIGHLY RECCOMEND.

leaves 9am for four hours, three different snorkeling locations,(incl. the antilla shipwreck) full luch, open bar, and they do a little show. think cirque de solie balancing acts. nice sailing and what views! great snorkeling and great value, only 50 bucks. we also did the shopping feista lunch through de palm tours that was great if looking to shop. they tell you were to go, where not to go, includes breakfast and lunch, and many discount coupons. very fun.lunch was great at carlos and charlies. they love to give free alcohol away, and walked with many extra savings. very cheap tour. wonderful. did jet skiing as well. always a blast.

hope this helps

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

old mike, which divi did you stay at. that has a lot of influence in what i write. thanks.*village, phoenix, etc.* they have four resorts.

Philly
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

Stayed at the Divi Divi mega Ai which is next to the TAM.

Liked the Divi, rooms were right on the beach, buffet food was OK,

bars had good drinks. Old Mike

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

Old mike

please read my review under the reviews of the hotel to get a good feel. loved the resort. impressed now thinking of all the bad reviews that i have read. some little things came up, but they handled things very well. ( like champagne that was supposed to be in our room was not, but fixed as soon as the customer service agent found out about it. ) great service, especially with so many people staying here. it never seemed crowded, but you can tell they pull a lot of people in. worth every penny !!

PETERBOROUGH...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Occidental Oct 1. Any questions?

Do youhave any pictures that you could email me please?

My email address is: klaire1975@yahoo.co.uk

We have just booked the hotel for our wedding next year.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach